Levi's 514 Cords

Watchout Lester

ok, i saw these online and got pretty excited- been looking for those vintage-esque early 70's looking white tab cords, the perfect day off from my 47's, especially in the fall. for years levi's had those shit fitting 505 cords with the red tab that they labeled as a return to their classic cord. that's bullshit #1. then last season a lightbulb goes off and they go back to the white tab--but wait, they have to only mke em in a ridiculously exxgerated completely unwearable bootcut.(bullshit 2)

so this year's slim or skinny or whatever they call them finally gives me some hope--

(not too crazy about the colors- oxblood? give me a fucking break, what's wrong with maroon?)

i go to try them on and wow, they actually fit fucking great, slim fit like my 47 cut, but with a very stretchy loose waist, that perfect slim fit, the only thing is-- the goddamn fly is literally like a half inch. WHY? who the fuck where's their pants like that and is not a female? are they marketing for eunachs? it fucksup an otherwise great fitting/looking pair of pants, looks like that gay skinner or offender premium crap, or like yur wearing women's pants (which i know is popular with alot of you, but i'm clearly not into that whole look)

why can't levi's get anything new right? what the fuck is going on. you would think that someone in charge there woiuld realize how retarded their new products are (not to get completely off topic but has anyone tried on that new slim trucker jacket? again looks good, right idea, fits retarded, it cme up about 4 inches too high, like mid back, also the new gingham snap western shirts, classic western look, retarded modern pocket design and, again, the slim fir was better, but still awkward and not really right) . the most retarded thing is that the best stuff they make (lvc) incorporates zero design changes or any other useless crap, you would think someone there would get the hint and just apply that to the regular levi's stuff.

anyway, sorry for this lengthy ran, and i know this topic has been discussed to death before, i just was frustrated and needed to get it off my chest. if anyone has any suggestions for the RIGHT white tab cords, plese let me know. (any japanese repros out there?) i'd rather buy a new pair of pants than thrift store.

the most retarded thing is that the best stuff they make (lvc) incorporates zero design changes or any other useless crap, you would think someone there would get the hint and just apply that to the regular levi's stuff.

this is so true. I just cant understand why you can't buy, for example, a mid price selvedge jean from Levis in a normal cut, (none of this 'skinner', ball-sack showing, bootcut-flare bullshit).

They could do a nice STF selvedge, without the slavish devotion of the LVC line, cut for regular blokes - wow - imagine that - and made in Mexico or soemthing to keep the costs down.

Seems like the only decent thing Levis can do nowadays is repro their old archives (which doesnt say much for their living, current employees who work as designers.....)