Deciding between these shoes

goldengloves

ECCO

_5238914.jpg

Bacco Bucci

pacif117397_27329_jb.jpg

I'm looking for a casual shoe in brown/tan that goes with anything and is comfy. I know the looks are similar but I have heard Bacco Bucci's comfort and construction is very good. Or, if anyone has something they would like to recommend, I would be down for that as well.

Thanks!

P.S. This site is addicting.... :)

Go with whatever one you like more.

Two "which shoe should I get" posts in one day. Intense.

Haha, I noticed that as well after I posted. As far as look goes, I am leaning towards Ecco, but I was more so wondering if anyone has had any experience with either brand of shoe.

I haven't had any first-hand experience with Ecco shoes but I hear they are very well made and extremely comfortable. So if you're going to be using the shoe for work, where you don't have the chance to take them off for a long time then I'm sure that'd be a good choice.

Personally, I like the structure/design of the Ecco shoe a little more than the Bacco Bucci one.

They're both driving loafers/moccs. The Bacco Bucci is a more standard driving shoe, with a low-profile, segmented, soft rubber sole. It will probably wear out quickly if worn as an everyday shoe--they're ostensibly meant for driving. A nice, Tod's-ish example, though. Of the two, I prefer it.

The Ecco is an Ecco-fied driving loafer. It looks a little more durable. However, it will be less sleek, as Ecco is a comfortable/everyday shoe maker that doesn't focus on design. They tend to be a little clunky, and this shoe looks no different. Probably quite comfortable--would go well with some dockers and a company logo polo. :)

I would recommend you go to a store and try on a few different driving loafers. Nordstrom will probably have a few. The SF-approved brown, comfortable, casual shoe would be a pair of clark's, but despite some similarities, that's a totally different style.