Union Special 7800 double needle chainstitch machine

DenimHead

Hello.  I recently acquired a Union Special 7800 double needle chainstitch machine and I have been searching for a manual for it for it or some information on the web about the workings of Union Special black head machine, but have been unsuccessful.  I am wondering if a manual was ever made for the black head machines.  Does anyone know where I might be able to find a manual, online or otherwise?  Thank you.

photo%203.JPGphoto%202.JPGphoto%204.JPGphoto%201.JPG

Best source and first source to go to would be the Union Special representatives in your region - they usually have or can get access to the archives and get you copies of the original documentation.

Thanks all for the recommendations.  I was able to find the 7800 on the universalsewing.com site.  Unfortunately, it was only for parts and no instructions.  That's OK, I'll figure it out.  These chain stitch machines pretty much all work the same.

Would anyone happen to know who might still have parts for these old machines?  I called Union Special and they said that they stopped making parts in the 80's.  I'm interested in converting the needle gauge from 3/8" to 1/4".