LL Bean, Bean Boots

Salad

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this thread turned weird guys!

Will post pics wearing them sooner or later, but they feel abit hardcore for a coldish, dry and sunny autumn day :)

You got the ones with straps cotton?

Maybe I should have bought some used ones from ebay, but couldnt find any. On the very postive side, I didnt had to pay customs and tax, even though the full value was stated.

Will probably order from the LL Bean site again, some nice moccasins and maybe a down vest...

how is the shearling Polio? I though about getting those, but choose normal ones since it might be nice to wear them even when its not freezing.

jubei, Bean Buddy Crew! They dont look that extreme irl really, but the leather is quite textured and rough. They look pretty much like Polios worn, but I tried em with jeans outside, not tucked (might do that with slimmer jeans though).

i like the shearling. they allowed me to stomp through the snows of ann arbor with impunity. they were really warm, though. i probably wouldn't wear them in early fall or spring. i really want buckled ones now, though! those look sweet.

I should of posted something earlier, but I rarely think of L.L. Bean as such a popular place.

But I actually work at L.L. Bean in the factory store up here in Freeport, Maine. I get 33%-40% discounts on all items, clothes, shoes, camping equipment, anything.

Maybe I should open a proxy if people are that interested? It'd actually be very easy, from the website I can enter my customer ID number, get the discount, and have LL Bean ship the item to you. Thefore I wouldn't have to charge for shipping also.

YES!

Curious, but does the factory store have stuff as samples, dicontinued models, material variations etc?

Now I turned to ebay for a pair of those buckled boots...

We have two stores. One is the employee store - This is returned items. They are usually brand new, the customer just didn't like them. So they get returned, since we have 100% return policy. I went once, I got a 200 dollar camping backpack for only 25 dollars. It's INSANE inside.

The second store is the "defect" store, if you will call it that. It's minor mistakes, maybe a missed stitching. Crooked logo. Wrong color. It's usually something minor.

I visited the outlet store in Freeport this summer. It's pretty nice, i've been wearing LL Bean for years. I like their blank T's and long sleeves....picked up a few when I was in the outlet store. I think the one I went to was the "defect" store? Dunno.....but nothing was wrong with anything that I bought, and you can find some amazing deals. Picked up all my shit for less than 8 bucks.

I should of posted something earlier, but I rarely think of L.L. Bean as such a popular place.

But I actually work at L.L. Bean in the factory store up here in Freeport, Maine. I get 33%-40% discounts on all items, clothes, shoes, camping equipment, anything.

Maybe I should open a proxy if people are that interested? It'd actually be very easy, from the website I can enter my customer ID number, get the discount, and have LL Bean ship the item to you. Thefore I wouldn't have to charge for shipping also.

Uhm...the best idea I've heard this week.