Sugarcane1947 authenticity

chipopo

Hi everybody,

I've just bought a new pair of SS06 LVC47 (Raw). After the required soaking, I've noticed that they're a lot slimmer than the SC1947. They also have slightly tappered legs.

As Sugarcane are supposed to be an identical copy of the original Levis 501xx 1947 I wonder which fit is more true, The Staright-leg SC1947 or the slim, tappered LVC47?

Thanks,

Chipopo

P.S. I really like the LVCs fit. It's very up to date.

I would say for the 1947s SCs probably are,. The denim looks good and not over done as some repros. I have a friend that has late 40s and 50s originals some NWT and the cut of the 47 LVCs is very out of place with the cuts of the other years close to 47s. He doesn't have a pair of original 47s so I can only speculate but I can't imagine Levis drastically altering their pattern for one year. I think that the pattern may have been slimmed to cater to the slimmer trend in jeans today. The 47s are one of my least favorite of the LVCs. Now if your looking for some authentic buckle backs LVCs are king. 20s 201s the Valencia St only. 1933 501s really nice but search out the 555s and all the early repros 1873 -1901 repros are very nice.

Thanks guys,

The LVC47s looked too "modern" to me. I like them anyway since they fit nicely and the fabric is slubby (but not too much) and not too heavy

so it can be worn during the summer.

As for older Levis styles, I agree they look fantastic but they usually don't look too good on me.

Chipopo

P.S. Does anyone knows if the LVC44/55 are more accurate reproduction of the original style?

They're not doing the 44's this season, but the 55's they're doing are really nice. Not quite as dark as the 47's but still an excellent shade of indigo with lemon pocket stiching. The only thing missing is the off-set belt loop..

If you want more accurate detailing you could try the LVC Japan, but to be honest I've been a bit dissapointed in the denim on their 47's and 44's. Not tried their 55's yet.