1886 compare after 1 month

airfrogusmc

Also the one thing I like so much about these besides being so comfortable is nobody I know has a pair. As I found out these are VERY RARE in raw NWTs condition. There are a few of the pre-distressed ones that show up on e-bay but I have yet to see another pair raw new with tags. The fact there not tight low rise because thats whats driving the market right now and the denim is different from any of the other LVC denim I've seen. Not the blue/green line stuff they use on their 20s 201s or the stuff they used on their 1901s. If your looking for something different and not following trends well you get the point.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

theyre like those cars which are painted with pearlscerent colour.. they change colour in light.... haha...

amazing denim, not diggin the cut but thats just me...

These are going fast Airfrog, my 18-something's?? aren't anywhere near that faded with everyday wear for the last 4 months. It's nice to see that yours also get this bunched up waistband, it's one of the favorite things on mine, can't wait to see how mine will turn out.

On another note, I find the cinch very usefull, the ones I have are actually the first pair of jeans that sit exactly where I want them to, before I always needed a belt.

And fit pictures would be highly appreciated, am curious to see how you wear your overalls since they're so similar to mine.

Wow, the color is coming along beautifully. I'm not a big fan of thigh fades, but that's just a personal thing I guess.

Also, you still owe us pictures of them being worn. I'm sure they look much different when they are on a body than when they are on a floor.

Can't help where they fade. Mine always seem to fade allot on thighs. They're still not fully shrunk yet and are still going to come down some more. I do like cinch backs but HATE most of LVC buckles. I put a turn of the century original buckle on these.

Cinchandlabel.jpg

The buckle one the 33s and 37s is better than most but you do have to make a critical alteration.

1933501buckle.jpg

Heres a photo of the buckle after I clipped the cross bar that Levis has to put on now for legal safety reason but originals didn't have.

Guest jeffvyain

i must say...those have really evolved into a beautiful piece of art. i really wasn't a fan of such an awkward fit before, but damn, the color....just crazy. plus it looks like they have shrunk down quite a bit into a wearable fit. i'd like to see pics of them on

• 3 weeks later...
air, where did you get the buckle from? Got a pair of these 1886's (raw) tucked away under the bed, looking at the fade you've got on yours i think i'll pull them out and give them a whirl, great looking jeans.

I got mine from a friend that seems to be able to pick them up at antique stores. Turn of the (last) century original made of steel. Look around the vintage clothing stuff.