1886 compare after 1 month

airfrogusmc

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow. thats pretty harsh.

well you might think they are ugly but without these we would have no jeans today.

It don't bother me. In fact it seems like everone likes 47s and they're one of my least favorite. If everyone is wearing slim I just keep plug'n away in my anti fit....

Fashions come and go but vintage Levis are classic....

personally I think the Evo thread needs to be deleted.

Its lost any meaning it had (after starting off with good intentions). As someone said, its basically just become a weekly update thread for some people, where there is clearly NO evolution to the naked eye. More like a 'boast' thread of what people bought last week IMO.

Also 70% of the posts arent even pictures anymore.... Its just banter back and forth... Making the thread way too long and numerous to look through anymore to use as a pictorial encylopedia, as I thought was the original aim. (at least for me)

personally I think the Evo thread needs to be deleted.

Its lost any meaning it had (after starting off with good intentions). As someone said, its basically just become a weekly update thread for some people, where there is clearly NO evolution to the naked eye. More like a 'boast' thread of what people bought last week IMO.

Also 70% of the posts arent even pictures anymore.... Its just banter back and forth... Making the thread way too long and numerous to look through anymore to use as a pictorial encylopedia, as I thought was the original aim. (at least for me)

true... i can see that. a pic only page with minimal info would be nice... maybe a bored superfuturian could put that together using the best from the evo thread.... TIP???

yeah, thats certainly a job for someone... LOL!!

And then Minya to 'get tough' once its in operation... Pics ONLY! Any banter to be PMd.... Shit, Im becoming like one of those SF 'search first Nazis' !!

But back on OT - airfro, I think those look good. Can't see why people are saying silly "OMG those are the ugliest things I ever saw!!!"

This is a board for grown-ups who like to read about jeans past and present, of which those jeans are most certainly a forebearer - leave all that bitchy B.S. to NikeTalk or wherever you came from.

This is a board for grown-ups who like to read about jeans past and present, of which those jeans are most certainly a forebearer - leave all that bitchy B.S. to NikeTalk or wherever you came from.

Most definitely. Another board I frequent is plagued by know-nothing 14-year olds who have one preconceived notion of "what looks good" and slag off anyone and anything that doesn't fit in their box. Pisses me right off.

Dr Jon thats funny. Sometimes when you're young you sound off when you should be listening. Been there done that. The thing about these jeans (1886) I doubt many will be able to find them becasue I don't think many were made raw. And if you do find a pair you might have to pay for them. I don't think its a pair of jeans for the mainstream, folks that are into the latest fashion trend, but for a freak like me YEAH!!!!!

Dr Jon thats funny. Sometimes when you're young you sound off when you should be listening. Been there done that. The thing about these jeans (1886) I doubt many will be able to find them becasue I don't think many were made raw. And if you do find a pair you might have to pay for them. I don't think its a pair of jeans for the mainstream, folks that are into the latest fashion trend, but for a freak like me YEAH!!!!!

yeah... if you are here to be up on the latest trends those jeans will be of little intrest to you. alot of us tho dont really give a shit about trends, but are just plain denim obsessives. they are a important part of the history of jeans, and tho i wouldnt wear them i respect the place they have in history. they are not ugly, they are really beautiful, but not a style that is too wearable every day if you want to look modern.

CMF my fashion sense is usually a pair of LVCs, old Chuck Ts and in the summer maybe a Hawaiian shirt or a T and a flight jacket. No trend setter here.

no trend setter or follower............

seems there are more and more SUPERTRADS here.... focused on classics, but not in the old man askandy trad way. insted of sack suits and tassel loafers its 501s and indy boots. i like to think of it as future-traditional.

no trend setter or follower............

seems there are more and more SUPERTRADS here.... focused on classics, but not in the old man askandy trad way. insted of sack suits and tassel loafers its 501s and indy boots. i like to think of it as future-traditional.

HA! Damn near fell out of my chair there.

Sack blazer and tassel loafers for me today. Really.

501's and Russell boots yesterday.

seems there are more and more SUPERTRADS here.....

Supertrads is a good word for it. Its just the difference between style and fashion, at some point you've got to find a way to accept getting older gracefully. I love the whole Dior Homme skinny jeans thing but can't pull it off anymore, so understated classics is the way forward. Still sets you apart from the mainstream and speaks a coded language that those in the know appreciate.

• 2 months later...

Thanks everyone. I was really trying to go 6 months without a soak but they were getting to a point that my hand was forced. (wife) In my younger days I lifted weights and ran allot so I have large thighs so there is more strain than some might have in that aera. I mean I read here people that have 28 inch waists my thighs are that big.

gonna stick out an arm for airfrog, and say that these jeans serve a purpose apart from "fashion" or the like, rather they are a respectful nod to the history behind the jeans we have come to love. i see them as being on a different level from the typical modern jean...the other end of the spectrum.

at the same time i know i would never wear them...rather i might put them up on my wall as a collectible.

agreed on the colour though. splendid.

I am definitely in the market for a pair of these jeans or japanese repro that attempts this look. I typically like slim 47 style cuts, but I increasingly feel like I am going to need a baggier pair of pants soon. The only problem for me is no belt loops. I feel like I need to wear a belt at all times. I am naked without one. That being said. Maybe I could look into some turn of the century style suspenders for added flare.

I am definitely in the market for a pair of these jeans or japanese repro that attempts this look. I typically like slim 47 style cuts, but I increasingly feel like I am going to need a baggier pair of pants soon. The only problem for me is no belt loops. I feel like I need to wear a belt at all times. I am naked without one. That being said. Maybe I could look into some turn of the century style suspenders for added flare.

Or cinch'm up nice and tight. Thats what I do. They fit very similar to the 1901s I had. They're still have allot of shrinking to do. My experience with most raw LVC is about 10 cold soaks or so before they fully shrink.