arc'teryx enthusiasts, what are you looking into this season?

jo3 b

shopping for technical outerwear around this time is one of the things that makes me look forward to the fall and winter. i've been following arcteryx for years and i try to always pick something up every year as far as outerwear goes.

anyway, they introduced some new colors and jackets this year, and i was wondering if anyone is excited to see what they have.

for me, its the new comp seeker jacket. i need to go try it on because i dont typically like the fit of snowsport jackets, but if i could sz to a slim fit, im probably going to be interested in scooping that up. paragon in nyc has yet to stock them or much of anything yet, but as soon as they do, thats where im heading.

does anyone know of any major stockists of arc in the ny area?

The Scorpion jacket is pretty sick as far as tech features go - but at $550 I don't know if I think it's worth it. There is a new color way they call Orca coming out, it's sort of cream and navy, that is tight. I also really like their softshell hoodies, like the Epsilon SV Jacket.

But for the price, with just about the same quality, I prefer 66 North Iceland - http://www.66northus.com/default.asp?page_id=3446&category_id=2 .

(on a side note: I have a Stingray jacket for sale, in "cricket," medium - http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/showthread.php?t=15359)

shopping for technical outerwear around this time is one of the things that makes me look forward to the fall and winter. i've been following arcteryx for years and i try to always pick something up every year as far as outerwear goes.

anyway, they introduced some new colors and jackets this year, and i was wondering if anyone is excited to see what they have.

for me, its the new comp seeker jacket. i need to go try it on because i dont typically like the fit of snowsport jackets, but if i could sz to a slim fit, im probably going to be interested in scooping that up. paragon in nyc has yet to stock them or much of anything yet, but as soon as they do, thats where im heading.

does anyone know of any major stockists of arc in the ny area?

im not buying another 400 dollar arcteryx jacket...

i just bought one like a year ago.

i might pick up some left over burton idiom 3L jackets for like 200 bucks.

• 8 months later...

I'm off arcteryx...I paid almost a grand for the fission sv jacket, and all the rubber stuff that coats the zipper started peeling off...I email them, and after a month long wait, they actually laughed at me and told me that was perfectly normal...even though my other arcteryx jacket (which predates this one) is perfect. Crap customer service.

I got a jacket and fleece for xmas (not sure about the names) but they are amazing in terms of water resistances. Especally the fleece, beads water like crazy. I like the fits and the simple style. Holds up as as well or if not better then my Burton Analog jacket which has a rating of like 20000.

I'm off arcteryx...I paid almost a grand for the fission sv jacket, and all the rubber stuff that coats the zipper started peeling off...I email them, and after a month long wait, they actually laughed at me and told me that was perfectly normal...even though my other arcteryx jacket (which predates this one) is perfect. Crap customer service.
was this one made in canada? i also have the epsilon and found that the epsilon is made in china. kinda turned off over paying $200 for it now. but, overall it still looks and feels good. just wish they passed those production savings off to me.