The sartorialist discovers his first pair of Dry Denim

masuerte

And it's APC!! Nice choice. I saw some superfuturists trying to hand down some superknowledge on him too. Hehe.

http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/2006/08/sartorialist-goes-shopping-for-fashion_29.html

I could barely button them closed and I could not bend my legs once I was in them!

This time I literally HOPPED out of the dressing room!

The salesperson rushes over and says "PERFECT!!!"

priceless!

but the poor chap will be led astray by all the strange comments.

APC seems to be tough, because the sentiment is to "size down, size down", BUT, from what I gather it is really a double size down: one because APC tags their jeans smaller than what they are (vanity sizing). This is to say that if I am a true 32, in APC I am a 30. AND THEN, there is the regulare stretching of raw denim. So if I am a regular true 32, all jeans will stretch to a bigger size anyhow with prolonged wear, so I buy a 31 to stretch to a 32. SO with a pair of APC, I need a 30 to fit like 31 to stretch to a 32.

• 3 years later...

I just wanted to quote the original picture so that it never somehow gets lost on the internet.

shop4ei.jpg

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Sartorialist Goes Shopping For Fashion Week - p3

Downtown to APC for some new jeans.

I took a pair of New Cure slim cut, unwashed denim into the dressing room - size 31.

The waist was perfect but the legs were a little tight.

I came out and asked the salesperson what he thought. He asked if I had any problem buttoning the waist, "no" I said "the waist is perfect but the legs are a bit tight."

Again he says "you had no problem button the waist? ", "no" I repeated. " oh, then those are too big!" He looked very serious.

I tried on the size 30.

I could barely button them closed and I could not bend my legs once I was in them!

This time I literally HOPPED out of the dressing room!

The salesperson rushes over and says "PERFECT!!!"

I will have to wear them around the house for a day to stretch them out a bit before I can get them hemmed.

I read my readers comments and emails and a lot of you also said to size down because the APC jeans stretch out - I'm trusting you!

If I lose circulation in my lower half or lose the ability to reproduce because of these jeans I gonna be super pissed - except they also mentioned I should not get my jeans wet either.

Bad choice. Why do you people like apc?

They look like they're from Ed hardy or some bullshit but skinnier. He's a blogger, not a painter. And they fades don't look nice, there are a bunch of holes and light colors. That's it.

I just thought I would post a reply that means nothing, just to add to the nothingness of this thread.

I just thought I would post a reply that means nothing, just to add to the nothingness of this thread.

the message you have entered is too short. please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.