julius fw 07

xcoldricex

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah. quality is good, i haven't handled their accessories/footwear though- djraijo owns a few julius pieces so you can ask him. pricepoint isn't that high either. there have been some pieces from past seasons that i've really liked but i think i'm between sizes in julius so i couldn't wear any of their stuff even if i wanted to.

it's a japanese label, yes.

Good to see you posting my favorite label coldrice! This collection is bananas. It's like a cross between Aliens/Mad Max/Blade Runner, very post-apocalyptic. The leather jacket is the key piece of the collection, super soft lamb skin from Greece, details are amazing, quality is amazing, fit is tight. Just beautiful. I've been trying to get my hands on it but its sold out everywhere. In fact, the Daikanyama store told me that it sold out the week the catalog came out on reservations alone, even though its 180,000 yen! :( If I have time I'll post the catalog. It's stellar. So underrated here in Japan. I can't tell you how good the quality of these items are, unless you see them.

Good to see you posting my favorite label coldrice! This collection is bananas. It's like a cross between Aliens/Mad Max/Blade Runner, very post-apocalyptic. The leather jacket is the key piece of the collection, super soft lamb skin from Greece, details are amazing, quality is amazing, fit is tight. Just beautiful. I've been trying to get my hands on it but its sold out everywhere. In fact, the Daikanyama store told me that it sold out the week the catalog came out on reservations alone, even though its 180,000 yen! :( If I have time I'll post the catalog. It's stellar. So underrated here in Japan. I can't tell you how good the quality of these items are, unless you see them.

i think i have this thing for post-apocalyptic styled clothing. i wonder why.

but yeah, the leather jacket - that's the piece i like, but i probably wouldn't fit in it. haha. do they do pretty low runs of things? i hardly saw it in tokyo- i saw more of it in osaka - but they didn't seem to have many stockists even in japan. maybe i was overlooking the stores though.

Superfuture is probably the best board out there but I wish it was a bit more cutting edge and focused more on up-and-coming designers, styles...

saw this in supertrash, so i decided to try and do my part.

Yeah, I think that's the problem of a small outfit like Julius.:( The reality is the stocklists are low because the label can't afford to make too many items. Also, Julius has a policy of first taking reservations from their main store and any items that are left, they distribute to other retail stores. So unfortunately a size 2 black in the leather jacket has been impossible for me to get. I think only a couple dozen of those those engineered boots at the top were made as well...The only other store in Tokyo I know that stocks Julius is Mid West in Shibuya, but even they didn't get the key pieces.:( *Cries*

Hey djraijio, how many guys in Japan would sport this look on a normal basis, let's say the frequency you might see them on the street? Here in NYC I only see people doing this look in fashion shows and underground parties. I wish NYC would be more daring, but then again 50% of the people here are visiting tourist from Mid America.

Hey djraijio, how many guys in Japan would sport this look on a normal basis, let's say the frequency you might see them on the street? Here in NYC I only see people doing this look in fashion shows and underground parties. I wish NYC would be more daring, but then again 50% of the people here are visiting tourist from Mid America.

I wanna say more often than not, espeically the general look. In fashionable areas like Daikyanama, Harajuku perhaps 20-30%?. I've been seeing the cargo pants in combat boot look on both girls and guys alot recently. This collection hit the key trends for the season on the head: Boots, leather jackets, military/cargo pants/items but did them a bit different, which I like. Seems like the leather jacket is the short slim jacket of last fall. But I do agree that incorporating the entire look may be a bit too much. I sorta take the few of incorporating one or two key pieces to my wardrobe to spice it up a bit. Like those engineer boots I plan to incorporate with a slim black blazer, sort of a mash of formal/military.

i think, considering how 'un-daring' NYC seems, the rest of the world is just behind the curve.

i concur with you fully, though. but usually with menswear- i don't have much hard of a time spotting women wearing particularly fashion-forward looks. guys, on the other hand... errr..

maybe i shouldn't be one complain, i sure love my t-shirts, jeans, sneakers, and hoodies a whole lot... i make a concerted effort to mix things up a lot though.

i don't remember seeing anyone on the streets dressing like this. the people that did were all SA's.

and not from this collection but some dope shoes anyway.

sound_inn3-img240x180-115571114620060816155226.jpg

sound_inn3-img240x180-115571122820060816155348.jpg

if i took electrical tape to my poell shoes this is what they'd look like haha.

Yeah, I really liked those shoes. What's crazy is that its real leather stripes that are wrapped around the boot and then sewed down. Really cool...

i think, considering how 'un-daring' NYC seems, the rest of the world is just behind the curve.

Somebody in the fashion industry told me that the world still looks at NYC for trends and inspiration. London lets say picks up trends from NYC but does them more over the top and there are more people willing to be daring over there. I will investigate further if this is true once I visit.