picking up women

artificialsky

i feel like my game has become a little stale as i've gone through a dry spell of a couple months now. the only girlfriends i've had lately are named jpeg if you catch my drift.

should i be talking MORE or less about the merits of selvedge vs. regular denim to impress chicks?

give me some inspiring stories of your best pickup techniques, or don't.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

talking of which i've been rather unsucessful recently

my best tip is to hit them by surprise and hit them quick

and probably less merits of selvedge v.s reg. denim (but then i reckon selvedge jeans looks way better than normal jeans)

i feel like my game has become a little stale as i've gone through a dry spell of a couple months now. the only girlfriends i've had lately are named jpeg if you catch my drift.

should i be talking MORE or less about the merits of selvedge vs. regular denim to impress chicks?

give me some inspiring stories of your best pickup techniques, or don't.

http://www.sosuave.com

http://www.bristollair.com/

http://attraction-chronicles.blogspot.com/

Read "The Game" by Neil Strauss

Be careful though, this stuff is kinda dangerous if you actually stick to it and improve...

Good pickup recently...

Recently had a go-con ("blind date dinner") with my ex and two of her friends and brought two of my boys. We all went to Alux www.alux.jp, a new restaurant in Minami-Aoyama. Found out my model friends work there (they are models for Men's Non-no, etc, do waiting on the side), instant social proof, hooked us up with wine, dinner, etc. One of the go-con girls was totally into me, completely ignored her, nanpa-ed a girl at a club right in front of her, eventually ended up bringing the go-con girl to my place. Later that week, got the third girl. Currently dating her...

Good tip: Never burn bridges with ex's or girls you dated. Girls will always tell their friends about you; so if they speak good about you, it instantly makes you more attractive then you talking good about yourself.

Good pickup recently...

Recently had a go-con ("blind date dinner") with my ex and two of her friends and brought two of my boys. We all went to Alux www.alux.jp, a new restaurant in Minami-Aoyama. Found out my model friends work there (they are models for Men's Non-no, etc, do waiting on the side), instant social proof, hooked us up with wine, dinner, etc. One of the go-con girls was totally into me, completely ignored her, nanpa-ed a girl at a club right in front of her, eventually ended up bringing the go-con girl to my place. Later that week, got the third girl. Currently dating her...

were they, like, total hardbodies?

is your business card an exquisite bone colour with subtle, raised lettering?

are you into murders & executions?

that whole business card + murders thing really dredged up some American Psycho memories. Ah yes.

Oh and I heard it does get pretty crazy if you do get "good" at picking up the ladies. Turns ya into a jerk. I wanna be a jerk. Nanpa? what's that again?

Damn, if only I didn't hate like everyone this thread would be a fantastic boon to my love life, even more so than my APCs. Ah, highschool. Somehow I doubt that I'm the only one that hasn't (and probably won't, or in the case of others "didn't") get any in highschool.

Not complaining, honestly, just saying.

More time to pay attention to working on my clothing / artwork etc. for my portfolio. Gots to get into them there arts schools.

actually, being a sociopath who doesn't give a shit about people can be great for your sexlife... just not your love life... lol

djrajio, you never stop impressing me. Yes that book should be in every man's collection, that's why it's designed like a Bible. Me and my roomate have been sharing the wealth on a regular basis about our experiments on picking up girls and how to handle them. He has a different strategy, I on the other hand capitalize on bringing out my inner bad boy. Girls don't intimidate me anymore my confidence has soared, I know that if I ignore/bust them the more they'll want me, it works. Another book I've read , kinda lengthy, but still a good supplement is The Art of Seduction by Robert Greene. My link contribution: http://www.badboylifestyle.com

throwing in some cocky - funny, Dark and djrajio? i thought there would be members that have some techniques, but i never thought theyd post here and would have read the game. have you ever watched/read something by dave deangelo?

Haha. Darkanimal, I think we're twins separated at birth. Hopefully I might be able to swing by NYC again and we can go out for some fun. Totally agree on the bad-boy image; unfortunately for me, my corporate job doesn't allow me to go too wild, so I usually try to display it through my behavior and words. But having CONFIDENCE is key. Your inner game has gotta be tight and you can't be afraid of rejection. I can't tell you how many times I've been rejected/flaked on by a woman....

on what age did you start dating seriously? like did you build up? whats the most important 'facility'. not meant 'feeling' wise, but like stuff. your own appartment, knowing a lot of people, money. what has helped u the most.

throwing in some cocky - funny, Dark? i thought you would have some techniques djrajio but i never thought you would have read the game. how is the market where you are from =] you too darkanimal. like HB ratio 2/10girls?

Tokyo is good and bad. Girls here know how to put on makeup, its like an art. So looks are very deceiving. So, true natural HBs are maybe 1/40 or 1/50 but perhaps my standards have gotten really high since I've been here. Foreign guys, since they act so AFC and only have their foreign-ness try to use this as asset but in my experience always end up with chump change girls more often than not. If they do get a beautiful Japanese girl, they usually are player girls. The most beautiful Japanese women I have ever met were either with really smooth Japanese guys or foreign guys that had really solid game. Japanese girls are very sophisticated and understand that the typical foreigner thinks Japanese girls are all stupid, meek, submissive, and all that stereo-typical BS and they use that to their advantage. They probably are the most sophistcated woman, after NYC woman, in terms of understanding the rules of attraction. Also, lots of woman perceive foreigners as guys with a ton of money; so lots of gold-diggers, especially in my line of work. Lots of other Asian races are here too as well as Asian-Americans, so having grown up in LA, its pretty easy for me to socialize and build my network.

I was working in NYC for 3-4 months last year and its on par with LA as a brutal battleground. Women in NYC can be ruthless, but as the saying goes, it you can make it in NYC...

wow great story thanks, thats a scarce hb rating :). but its a big city so i understand. i think setting standards higher is a good thing. dont you like to play with player girls on their own game, like make them 'normal':). also do you approach a lot of unknown girls or do you get to meet HB's by people you know?

Guest Fade to Black

ahh I read the game a while ago, i don't remember the details but i think i got the general outline of the book...but going back to darkanimal bringing up one of the key strategies, the whole bust thing and trying to look alpha, i have never tried it but i have imagined scenarios in my head, and somehow i think that it's just not me and would look real obvious if i tried pulling some of the shit Mystery and 'em were doin...reading that and djrajio's chronicles in this thread make my head explode, it's like a reality i can't even comprehend. Then I think that it seems the whole pick-up scene is too complex, I have too much to learn, and I just want to curl up into a ball :(

as i mentioned a while ago, China seems to work because all it seems to take is money in certain scenes, but obviously I can't be working that shit long term as it's not healthy or stable on various levels. I made a grave mistake by getting into that shit at my current young point in life. To be very honest, put me in a college or regular urban social setting and I don't have any idea what the fuck's going on...

you should really read some books or download some ebooks,audiobooks,info on human psychology, body language, or anything in that direction. i think its in everybodies interest. these things should help you alot of you didnt know about them.

nice books, but i prefer a more hands on approach.

picking up women is a skill and like all skills, requires practice. you get better and better the more you do it.

i used to pick up women all the time on trains, elevators, the mall, parties--in new york and london. if you try to pick up a different girl everyday, you'll be suprised how good you get--and oh, the adventures you will have!

Sure djraijio, when you're in town! Looks like you're getting a better training with more challenging Tokyo girls. Agree with NYC women, when I first came here I didn't have a clue how to handle them. They are so empowered here and they know it, so what do I do, I let them feel that I'm not the average guy who will kiss their ass. I turn things around, I let them do stuff for me, I tell them what to do, I tell them to behave hahah.. trust me it works. I don't really have a pick up line, I just really try to be spontaneous. Women will sense if you're desperate, desperate to get laid. I act very indifferent, I talk to them in a dont care attitude. keska seems like you're on the right track, yes DeAngelo has great stuff. The bad boy thing has really worked a lot for me. I practice it even with my lady co-workers, on the train or anywhere on the street. You mentioned body language as well, yes master those, the way you sit, stand ,etc etc, I always do the "take as much space as possible" thing when I sit. Other things I live by, I make myself rare, mysterious, unpredictable, always be the first to end the night, play hard to get, make random surprises, always answering "maybe" to a girl's invitation, show no emotions.

Guys used to try to pick me up all the time, but 99.9% of the time they're losers (or they come off as losers because of their pickup tactic). Here's a few things that I can recommend:

1. Do not use lines.

2. If I show signs of being repulsed by you (because girls might play hard to get so get to know the difference) PLEASE stop trying to pick me up.

3. BE FUNNY. girls are really attracted to guys that can tell a great joke or make everyone laugh. but no show offs please.

4. don't be cocky. at least personally, I am instantly bored with guys that act cocky. It just screams 'self absorbed loser' to me and i[m lazy about dealing with guys like that. so be easygoing.

5. you don't have to be rich or good looking as long as you're smart and can hold a great conversation.

ok that's my small contribution to the thread... i'm sure a lot of girls can tell you different things but this is my personal opinion...hope it helps in some way

Other things I live by, I make myself rare, mysterious, unpredictable, always be the first to end the night, play hard to get, make random surprises, always answering "maybe" to a girl's invitation, show no emotions.

haha. this is why all those girls liked me that i didn't like. man fuck. haha.