APC shipping to Canada

gregory

damn i wish i knew that... from my experience though, canadian customs will still find a way to rape you. i want to see how its all calculated in their customs office. they probably have a big fucking wheel and spin it... where it lands is what they charge!

You're simply wrong....they always charge the same thing; either:

1)Nothing - no inspection...

2)provincial and federal taxes on the declared value unless gift less than $50 invalue (in that case see #1) + $5 for handling

I have been ordering a multitude of products from various countries for years and those are the only possible scenarios unless you're ordering very specific products (diamonds, radioactive glue, whatever)

If you're charged more = private shipper (UPS, Fedex, etc.) and their prohibitive extra cost for custom handling (basically the rape you're talking about). I never use private shippers....

Here's a thread we had on this a while ago:

http://www.superfuture.com/city/supertalk/showthread.php?t=6510&highlight=customs

Oh man that's great news. I ordered to Calgary a pair of NS and UPS grabbed 60 bucks from me for brokerage fees. I sent an email to APC asking and if they could use a different shipping method. I'm glad they are listening!

youre from calgary too? represent! how old are ya?

I tend to agree with deathmullet, I've ordered many times from APC and the custom fees are really all over the map and are really not proportionate to the amount of the order. The UPS guy once told me that I was gonna pay a lot less if I got it shipped the faster way (the 30$ option instead of the 5$). Anyways, I hope USPS is more reasonable and if anyone has ordered from APC to Canada in the last little while, I'd be very interested in knowing about the custom fees.

I tend to agree with deathmullet, I've ordered many times from APC and the custom fees are really all over the map and are really not proportionate to the amount of the order. The UPS guy once told me that I was gonna pay a lot less if I got it shipped the faster way (the 30$ option instead of the 5$). Anyways, I hope USPS is more reasonable and if anyone has ordered from APC to Canada in the last little while, I'd be very interested in knowing about the custom fees.

yeah i dunno personally for me i've never looked into it that much but it always seems to change...

As explained in the thread I linked and this one:

Canadian customs always charge the same (see my post) but PRIVATE CARRIERS (not USPS or other national carriers) might slap on additional fee to take care of handling the customs (basically just a way to extort some money as they have no additional costs to incur and "taking charge of customs" don't mean shit...).

Now you can go on and act like you still don't understand but please don't complain as it was explained to you in extemely simple terms here and in the other thread I linked to.

Ps: I don't work for canadian customs or something, I'm just tired to see people too lazy to check up how a system they use a lot works and then go on to complain about some stupid fees they incurred.

Aside from that, don't take it personaly...

seems to me like you are the only one doing so. we are just venting about shitty fees... thats all. you are the guy who corrects people on everything arent you? come on... dont lie.

Well I'm doing you a service by telling you how it works, it's up to you to take advantage of that knowledge or not to lower the costs you pay when importing stuff. I'm just being a friendly supershopper, oh and hmm I hate you and my dad is stronger than you mom (hopefully). :)

it breaks down to a maximum of 38% (might be 37% now in Ontario)

thats normal tax 14% + a 23% (customs tax)

+ a $5 handling fee if it is sent express

this is only with usps/ canada post

if u go through fedex , or the worst UPS, expect to get raped even harder