Why dont all Levis stores sell all Levis products?

sneakeraddict

Ok I realise its not economic to carry their entire range in each store, but in the store near me, they sell neither any of the LVC range nor any of the Levis Organic Engineered that other non-levis stores have already started to stock. (BTW I think these are really amazing... super slubby, heavy indigo colour, nice modern detailing in the classic Engineered style).

They cant even order the specific style you want when I asked !!! ??

anyway..... thoughts?

(im in the UK)

oh, i agree, it seems really silly. the regent street store is full of trash, but go around the corner to cinch and it's sweet ... you would think that the regent street store would be able to have a special section - may make some people step up their game

I think it has to do with their basic business model. Some stores can't afford to have anything on their shelf that does not fly out pretty quickly. Shelf space is reserved for units that turn over quickly and LVC probably would not move as quickly as 3 or 4 pairs of STFs that take up the same space. Just a guess because I am certainly no expert on that subject.

I bought my 1947s at the Levis store in Chicago several years ago. The were marked down close out as were all the other LVC stuff. I started talking to the manager and she said they had a hard time selling LVC stuff. She told me the stuff really sells in Europe and Asia but not all the well in the US. Also if you notice the us LVC line usually is different than the Asian and the line in Europe. She also said they make most of the LVC stuff in limited #s so they can't be ordered. To bad in my opinion...

I think it has to do with their basic business model. Some stores can't afford to have anything on their shelf that does not fly out pretty quickly. Shelf space is reserved for units that turn over quickly and LVC probably would not move as quickly as 3 or 4 pairs of STFs that take up the same space. Just a guess because I am certainly no expert on that subject.

i think that's a pretty good guess. it's also possibly a question of limited space and way too many denim lines from levi's.

It also has to do with exclusivity. If LVC jeans were available at every Levis store, they would be easily available and thus their brand image (limited edition, carefully-reproduced historical pieces aimed at collectors) would be compromised.

got more info on this organic engineered? I havent heard of these yet, and I was in the San Fran Levis store yesterday! SF Levis sucks too! They got a little section for the LVC, and this massive crap where you can put custom patches on your jeans and get them tailored and stuff. Its such bull. They also play shitty music way too loud. It totally pisses me off. They were playing Bootsie and his Rubberband yesterday. And as much love as I have for bootsie collins, his own band sucks bigtime!

It also has to do with exclusivity. If LVC jeans were available at every Levis store, they would be easily available and thus their brand image (limited edition, carefully-reproduced historical pieces aimed at collectors) would be compromised.

I do know what you mean, but Levis dont have standalone stores in every UK city / town city, so it would hardly make LVC look uniquitous if they sold an LVC style in all their stores.

Just think its silly that I can get the stuff in a non Levis store, ten minutes walk away, and then in the Levis store, some of the staff stare blankly when you mention 'LVC'.

Levis Organic Engineered is Europe only unfortunately. Should be able to pick them off the internet though if you look, Id imagine.

Another factor is that, at least at the SF Levis, the employee turnover is off the charts because they don't pay squat, and according to one of the employees I talked to, they don't get any commission on sales.

As a result, it is difficult if not impossible to have staff trained on the specialty items. If you ask them a question they don't know the answer to, they will either guess or make something up.

Last time I was in there, someone asked the price on the LVC '47s and the employee stationed in the LVC department told them they were $500 (the price of the vault piece 1906 jeans.) Needless to say, no sale took place.

If you go to the SF Levis and want info on LVC ask for Ben; he is supercaliber. ;)

yeah, the levi's stores don't all stock the LVC line. My local San Diego store didn't have any LVC about a year ago, but thankfully now they do carry a very small selection.

But Tangerine is right, even in the big flagship stores like S.F., the employees don't really know whats up, except for a few of them. But the other employees don't know anything about LVC, and they'll just make shit up.

I had a hard time finding my LVC denim Jacket, but the fact it was so hard to find and its very limited quantities, etc.. makes finding the right piece from the collection so worth it!

I do know what you mean, but Levis dont have standalone stores in every UK city / town city, so it would hardly make LVC look uniquitous if they sold an LVC style in all their stores.

Just think its silly that I can get the stuff in a non Levis store, ten minutes walk away, and then in the Levis store, some of the staff stare blankly when you mention 'LVC'.

Levis Organic Engineered is Europe only unfortunately. Should be able to pick them off the internet though if you look, Id imagine.

thing is , in North America, there's a Levi's store in every mall. of course there would be no demand for LVC at a suburban mall. anyway, i still think that they should have at least a store or 2 per city where they carry the stuff...