The huge sell-off...?

sneakeraddict

No I think someone who surmised a reason in another thread is dead on -- right now would be the backlash of all the incorrect sizing that may have occurred with all the buying a few months to a year ago. Superdenim really took off in the last year I think then all the Japanese mail ordering started. By now most people have a feel for what they're keeping and what they're not so probably a whole bunch of wrong sizes are up for sale now.

shinobi, which selvedge is your avatar??

Although I I dont think denim sales are that seasonal, unless you got loads of spare cash, id be making room for fall coats and such, alot of people seem to be saying fall is their fav season, I know its mine, and im getting rid of my bad purchases in order to buy fall clothing.

That said I think the biggest factor would be the japanese mail order backlash into supermarket.

I think it has to do with everyone buying tons of dry denim within a few months and then realizing they would never get around to wearing those jeans. So why not sell the current jeans you have and replace them with new dry denim jeans that you will sell off for the next hot pair of dry denim, which you will in turn sell for the really hot pair that you can't wait to have etc. etc. etc. It sounds reasonable to my. Hell I did it with my sugarcanes.