Duckdiggers or Okinawas?

startmeup

Good news and bad news: i got my s5000bks, but they dont fit. luckily, big offers trades w. tags, and seeing as they dont have them in my size and they have duckdiggers and okinawas in my size. which one? im looking for comfort and quality. i want some real hardcore denim to accompany my studio d'artisans.

Good news and bad news: i got my s5000bks, but they dont fit. luckily, big offers trades w. tags, and seeing as they dont have them in my size and they have duckdiggers and okinawas in my size. which one? im looking for comfort and quality. i want some real hardcore denim to accompany my studio d'artisans.

what size are you in samurai? they are almost sold out of the 505.

do you have any pure blue japan jeans, especially the XX-005? that would be my first pick.

if you have those already, let me give you my opinions on the okinawa and the duckdiggers.

i like the okinawa, it's in a one wash state. the version that BiG has is my favorite--it has the snake skin patch. the color is also very beautiful and unique.

i like the duckdigger, too. nice straight leg all the way down. they fit better than most people think. the ones the BiG have are raw. get the 1930 for the cinchback or the 1950 for the belt loops. the distinctive back pocket embroidery will stick out for people who know. however, they have a half selvage, i think, which might not be your thing.

COMFORT: okinawa, hands down. the sugarcane/cotton mix is very soft. might be a little bit itchy at first, but it goes away, leaving a very comfy jean.

QUALITY: both are quality products. the duckdigger has little details like hand-sewn keyhole buttonholes. however, the inside of the duckdiggers is less "finished" than the okinawas. you'll see a lot of frayed edges and stuff like that. doesn't matter really, because no one is going to be peeping the inside of your jeans. again, both jeans are quality products.

tough decision. i would take the okinawas because they are so unique... plus they have that mystique about them--sugarcane fibers, natural indigo from okinawa, poisonous habu snakeskin patch, nice back pockets...etc.

what size are you in samurai? they are almost sold out of the 505.

do you have any pure blue japan jeans, especially the XX-005? that would be my first pick.

if you have those already, let me give you my opinions on the okinawa and the duckdiggers.

i like the okinawa, it's in a one wash state. the version that BiG has is my favorite--it has the snake skin patch. the color is also very beautiful and unique.

i like the duckdigger, too. nice straight leg all the way down. they fit better than most people think. the ones the BiG have are raw. get the 1930 for the cinchback or the 1950 for the belt loops. the distinctive back pocket embroidery will stick out for people who know. however, they have a half selvage, i think, which might not be your thing.

COMFORT: okinawa, hands down. the sugarcane/cotton mix is very soft. might be a little bit itchy at first, but it goes away, leaving a very comfy jean.

QUALITY: both are quality products. the duckdigger has little details like hand-sewn keyhole buttonholes. however, the inside of the duckdiggers is less "finished" than the okinawas. you'll see a lot of frayed edges and stuff like that. doesn't matter really, because no one is going to be peeping the inside of your jeans. again, both jeans are quality products.

tough decision. i would take the okinawas because they are so unique... plus they have that mystique about them--sugarcane fibers, natural indigo from okinawa, poisonous habu snakeskin patch, nice back pockets...etc.

im a 26 apc, and the 29 samurais felt baggy as shit when i tried them on. for my loose jeans (of which there are few) i really like my sorahikos. i have been told that the sugarcane okinawas are very similar to o/w sorahikos, and, not being a raw snob, would love them, but im also intrigued by the smoothness and beauty of warehouses denim. of course, this thread would be useless were it revealed that there was a pbj 28, but a week ago there was not, so the case rests.

im a 26 apc, and the 29 samurais felt baggy as shit when i tried them on. for my loose jeans (of which there are few) i really like my sorahikos. i have been told that the sugarcane okinawas are very similar to o/w sorahikos, and, not being a raw snob, would love them, but im also intrigued by the smoothness and beauty of warehouses denim. of course, this thread would be useless were it revealed that there was a pbj 28, but a week ago there was not, so the case rests.

um... they were too baggy before the soak, right? well, they should be. they shrink to fit.

you've got me confused.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

SELEGNA

yeah, but im a 26 apc, and my S5000BKs shrink to be 29s, which would still be pretty loose. ill get some when another 28 comes.

um... they were too baggy before the soak, right? well, they should be. they shrink to fit.

you've got me confused.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

SELEGNA

yeah, but im a 26 apc, and my S5000BKs shrink to be 29s, which would still be pretty loose. ill get some when another 28 comes.

i would go for the duckdiggers because of its distinctiveness relative to the other models other brands has to offer. i also heard that the fabric is made of high quality denim similar to the slubbiness of the pbj x-003 and the oni denim.

sugarcane has a lot more to offer. although the okinawas are great jeans. this may not be their flagship brand. even if the ducks aren't for warehouse, it is the most uniqe and would therefore be special. at least in my eyes. if i would buy warehouse, this will be it.

if they sell 47s at big i might get them instead though. i went in there last week, and they didnt have any 28s in anything except ai-001 (too $$$) but i talked to jahreim there and he said that theyre getting lots of brands in a 28 tomorrow. so im changing this thread to Duckdiggers or 47s or XX-004s or Samuai 505s