what medication are you on?

junglejane

Born and raised in japan until the age of 14, one of the so-called

culture shocks i experienced here was the overmedication / abundance of people with "mental illnesses."

When people have to deal with some random BS, they resort to excuses like

"oh shit. i think i have a mental illness and need some uppers!"

i just think a lot of people lack discipline.

Born and raised in japan until the age of 14, one of the so-called

culture shocks i experienced here was the overmedication / abundance of people with "mental illnesses."

When people have to deal with some random BS, they resort to excuses like

"oh shit. i think i have a mental illness and need some uppers!"

i just think a lot of people lack discipline.

yeah I guess I didn't express myself correctly... I know his dad's tried everything to whip him into shape. One of the problems is that he believes his own lies and doesn't seem to know right from wrong..every week he gets suspended from school because he fights with teachers and students and of course gets straight F's...He beats up his little brother and totally disrespects his dad (who has given him everything except for discipline). My mom believes a good smacking will teach him some respect for his dad but he (the dad) doesn't "believe" in violence. The psychiatrist has told him as well that he needs harder discipline but I guess it's a little too late.... as he is now on medication. it's actually pretty sad.

yeah I guess I didn't express myself correctly... I know his dad's tried everything to whip him into shape. One of the problems is that he believes his own lies and doesn't seem to know right from wrong..every week he gets suspended from school because he fights with teachers and students and of course gets straight F's...He beats up his little brother and totally disrespects his dad (who has given him everything except for discipline). My mom believes a good smacking will teach him some respect for his dad but he (the dad) doesn't "believe" in violence. The psychiatrist has told him as well that he needs harder discipline but I guess it's a little too late.... as he is now on medication. it's actually pretty sad.

^ That sucks, I dont believe in violence either, but I can guarantee you that it's not an issue, but at his age, he's already lost. Using behavioral techniques from day one guarantees obedience, trust, and respect, too bad more parent's dont try it. It is evident every day in my life. Erik and I only have to say something and my nephew obey's, my nephew wont obey or behave for anyone else, because they all give in to fits and let him walk over them. I have never spanked him, and dont believe in it, and he is golden when I'm watching him. (but it took listening to long tireades of fits to get here)

^ That sucks, I dont believe in violence either, but I can guarantee you that it's not an issue, but at his age, he's already lost. Using behavioral techniques from day one guarantees obedience, trust, and respect, too bad more parent's dont try it. It is evident every day in my life. Erik and I only have to say something and my nephew obey's, my nephew wont obey or behave for anyone else, because they all give in to fits and let him walk over them. I have never spanked him, and dont believe in it, and he is golden when I'm watching him. (but it took listening to long tireades of fits to get here)