New Sweatshop Labor gear!!

Here are some product shots of the new Sweatshop Labor gear and some pics from the photo shoot we had with photographer Phillip Angert. Also check out the flyer for the party we're having in New York Thursday Aug 10th.

Click the link below. The password is sweatshop.

http://www.pbase.com/phildog33/sweatshoplabor2006

-Lucas

sweatshoplaborparty806.jpg

Sweatshop Labor in now on sale at

The Reed Space

151 Orchard St

(Bet Rivington and Stanton)

New York, NY 10002

212-253-0588

http://www.TheReedSpace.com

Rival Skateshop

225 Hudson St

New York, NY 10013

212-929-7222

High Five

132 N. 5th St #1G

Brooklyn, NY 11211

718-599-3725

im gonna ask you the same question i ask every t brand that comes here... are you cut and sew? if not why would i buy your tee insted of the 193737924690265826543057 other fucking brands out there that have a clever or eye catching design screen printed on a stock t? what makes you better? what makes your shit worth the money?

not trying to be man or anything, these are questions i would really like to know the answer to. really, good luck, but its nothing special to me unless you can answer the questions above.

im gonna ask you the same question i ask every t brand that comes here... are you cut and sew? if not why would i buy your tee insted of the 193737924690265826543057 other fucking brands out there that have a clever or eye catching design screen printed on a stock t? what makes you better? what makes your shit worth the money?

not trying to be man or anything, these are questions i would really like to know the answer to. really, good luck, but its nothing special to me unless you can answer the questions above.

no man but don't you see look it's in gold and so it's funny because the shirt says that he buys and sells gold because that's totally street or maybe it's actually just legit or something

I have a few question to ask you about your company. What does your company represent? From what I see there isn't any substance but way too many little slogans that every other "streetwear" brand does. What makes you different from say Crooks & Castles? I not trying to be harsh but none of your designs are that orginal, the quality looks so-so and. Finally if I am going spend my money on shirt I want to be orginal, not have stupid sayings on it that are also not original. I agree with everything has said above. I would love to hear your response.

... so, you took some well-known NYC slogans and printed them on shirts that don't seem to be particularly well-made. And you've got a posse, and some of the girls in it are a little cute.

I respect you and your peoples for getting this off the ground, and congrats on convincing the Reed for taking you in, but uh... yeah. I'm just going to let everyone else be honest.

I finally got a chance to get back on this site after posting the thread. I'll try to respond to as much of the hate as possible in the short time that I have. No, the clothing is not cut & sew at this point. Everything is printed on American Apparel and silkscreened at Prographix in Queens. I just scrapped enough money together to get my first major run done, so now I can let people other than friends of mine wear my stuff (all the people with plastic smiles in the photo shoot were friends of mine, happy to be helping out.) The response has been great (with the exception of some of the haters on this site.) I am not a "sneaker head" or a "streetwear whore" in any way. I have no background in fashion. The clothing thing came naturally. I was sick of the same old shit. We really don't need anymore biggie with a crown on his head or wu-tang phrases printed on tees. That shit has been rapped to death and it is tired. If you say that my stuff is "more of the same", you missed the point completely. This is just the beginning. One other thing that separates Sweatshop Labor from the rest is that 5% of all the sales from the web-store (http://www.sweatshoplabornyc.com) are donated to Human Rights Watch (http://www.HRW.org). This may not seem like a lot to you but try doing it yourself. Also, as Sweatshop Labor grows, the donations will get bigger and bigger. The brand is not some hippie-ass clothing company. It's something I thought should be done. That's all I can say now. I hope I have answered some of your questions and hate.

-Lucas

Sweatshop Labor

I finally got a chance to get back on this site after posting the thread. I'll try to respond to as much of the hate as possible in the short time that I have. No, the clothing is not cut & sew at this point. Everything is printed on American Apparel and silkscreened at Prographix in Queens. I just scrapped enough money together to get my first major run done, so now I can let people other than friends of mine wear my stuff (all the people with plastic smiles in the photo shoot were friends of mine, happy to be helping out.) The response has been great (with the exception of some of the haters on this site.) I am not a "sneaker head" or a "streetwear whore" in any way. I have no background in fashion. The clothing thing came naturally. I was sick of the same old shit. We really don't need anymore biggie with a crown on his head or wu-tang phrases printed on tees. That shit has been rapped to death and it is tired. If you say that my stuff is "more of the same", you missed the point completely. This is just the beginning. One other thing that separates Sweatshop Labor from the rest is that 5% of all the sales from the web-store (http://www.sweatshoplabornyc.com) are donated to Human Rights Watch (http://www.HRW.org). This may not seem like a lot to you but try doing it yourself. Also, as Sweatshop Labor grows, the donations will get bigger and bigger. The brand is not some hippie-ass clothing company. It's something I thought should be done. That's all I can say now. I hope I have answered some of your questions and hate.

-Lucas

Sweatshop Labor

-Lucas

Sweatshop Labor

good response and respect to what you are trying to do.

good luck but be prepared for more hate.

there is plenty of it towards t-shirt companies, especially on here.

-Lucas

Sweatshop Labor

good response and respect to what you are trying to do.

good luck but be prepared for more hate.

there is plenty of it towards t-shirt companies, especially on here.

^^^

To you

And You

vvv

-Lucas

Sweatshop Labor

What the hell is it with you t-shirt guys? When you post your shit on a fashion site isn't it to get feedback? So why is it that you constantly feel the need to try and rebuke people whilst commenting on the 'excess hate'? Don't you think that maybe people have negative things to say about your brands because we have seen these logos/rap phrases over, and over, and over again? I understand that by simply saying "your stuff sucks" a forum member isn't really constructively commenting on anything, but that is their opinion, and when you post here that is what you are asking for, isn't it? Because if it isn't then it is shameless advertisement and you deserve whatever insults are thrown at you.......

I mean seriously, you think because your brand stands for opposition of police brutality, or because you donate to a charity you are automatically "criticism-proof"? That is ridiculous. I have NOTHING against t-shirt brands, but if you guys conducted yourselves a little bit more like Chateau Roux, for instance, and came on here to say: "that is cool that you don't like my designs/brand image, how do you think I could make them better?" then you would receive INFINITELY more respect. Cheers,

England

Lucas -

I noticed you said you are tired of the same ol' Wu-Tang phrases, etc., etc. on shirts. Just out of curiosity, aside from your noble donations to charity (which are certainly kind of you), why do you think your designs stand out? To me, your "Gold" tee for instance looks exactly like something they might sell in Urban Outfitters. Do you really think that when someone looks at your t's they will say "Wow, that artwork is really nice!" or "ha ha, that phrase is so innovative/witty"? I know brands like the Hundreds have done a great job of say, integrating skate/punk/rap/streetwear culture into their designs and it shows; they are very innovative and people respect that. Instead of saying "piss off to the haters" why don't you defend/comment on your choice of designs/plans for the future. I think that would be far more helpful than simply dismissing people.

^^^

To you

And You

vvv

-Lucas

Sweatshop Labor

What the hell is it with you t-shirt guys? When you post your shit on a fashion site isn't it to get feedback? So why is it that you constantly feel the need to try and rebuke people whilst commenting on the 'excess hate'? Don't you think that maybe people have negative things to say about your brands because we have seen these logos/rap phrases over, and over, and over again? I understand that by simply saying "your stuff sucks" a forum member isn't really constructively commenting on anything, but that is their opinion, and when you post here that is what you are asking for, isn't it? Because if it isn't then it is shameless advertisement and you deserve whatever insults are thrown at you.......

I mean seriously, you think because your brand stands for opposition of police brutality, or because you donate to a charity you are automatically "criticism-proof"? That is ridiculous. I have NOTHING against t-shirt brands, but if you guys conducted yourselves a little bit more like Chateau Roux, for instance, and came on here to say: "that is cool that you don't like my designs/brand image, how do you think I could make them better?" then you would receive INFINITELY more respect. Cheers,

England

Lucas -

I noticed you said you are tired of the same ol' Wu-Tang phrases, etc., etc. on shirts. Just out of curiosity, aside from your noble donations to charity (which are certainly kind of you), why do you think your designs stand out? To me, your "Gold" tee for instance looks exactly like something they might sell in Urban Outfitters. Do you really think that when someone looks at your t's they will say "Wow, that artwork is really nice!" or "ha ha, that phrase is so innovative/witty"? I know brands like the Hundreds have done a great job of say, integrating skate/punk/rap/streetwear culture into their designs and it shows; they are very innovative and people respect that. Instead of saying "piss off to the haters" why don't you defend/comment on your choice of designs/plans for the future. I think that would be far more helpful than simply dismissing people.

England beat me to it. Basically:

I was sick of the same old shit. We really don't need anymore biggie with a crown on his head or wu-tang phrases printed on tees.

Looks like you did very nearly just that.

If you say that my stuff is "more of the same", you missed the point completely. This is just the beginning. One other thing that separates Sweatshop Labor from the rest is that 5% of all the sales from the web-store (http://www.sweatshoplabornyc.com) are donated to Human Rights Watch (http://www.HRW.org).

No we didn't, to the first, and no, it doesn't, to the second.

Sorry for the "hate" or whatever, but you did ask for opinions, and I guess if saying that I don't care for it is "hate," what you're really saying is "Fondle us with your praise and money, lowly internet heathens!"

England beat me to it. Basically:

I was sick of the same old shit. We really don't need anymore biggie with a crown on his head or wu-tang phrases printed on tees.

Looks like you did very nearly just that.

If you say that my stuff is "more of the same", you missed the point completely. This is just the beginning. One other thing that separates Sweatshop Labor from the rest is that 5% of all the sales from the web-store (http://www.sweatshoplabornyc.com) are donated to Human Rights Watch (http://www.HRW.org).

No we didn't, to the first, and no, it doesn't, to the second.

Sorry for the "hate" or whatever, but you did ask for opinions, and I guess if saying that I don't care for it is "hate," what you're really saying is "Fondle us with your praise and money, lowly internet heathens!"

England

-----------------------

Wow! T-shirt guys? Technically my title in the fashion industry is Graphic Designer. I actually design for for a major urban brand fulltime and Fat Cop is my side project. What was yours again?

Anyways, all you could say about Fat Cop was that I must have voted for Kerry and that we portayed gang imagery and that we looked like scumbags(to sum it up). Real constructive criticism there. I never said because my brand actually does stand for something that i was criticism proof. Actually I never got any fashion criticism at all. Just random hating comments. So keep on hating and I'll keep on creating...

--

FATCOP XXL

www.fatcopxxl.com

Wow! T-shirt guys? Technically my title in the fashion industry is Graphic Designer. I actually design for for a major urban brand fulltime and Fat Cop is my side project. What was yours again?

Anyways, all you could say about Fat Cop was that I must have voted for Kerry and that we portayed gang imagery and that we looked like scumbags(to sum it up). Real constructive criticism there. I never said because my brand actually does stand for something that i was criticism proof. Actually I never got any fashion criticism at all. Just random hating comments. So keep on hating and I'll keep on creating...

Ha hah, well at least you read it. I wasn't referring to my posts, don't get me wrong, I couldn't be bothered to offer constructive criticism, but in all fairness, you did not post on here to say "check out my brand and let me know your thoughts" you basically threw up a pseudo-political statement about your brand's credo and said "look at this. fyi I couldn't give a shit about your opinions or forum etiquette."

In regards to your question: did you want to know my title or my side project?

That's okay, I will answer both:

Title: Reichsfuhrer Dongmeister

Sideproject: Furious masturbation and jumproping (non-competition)

Either way, I would love to meet sometime and spoon you sexy little Jew.

you guys put yourselves out there and my immediate reaction is that these shirts are not whats up. For mostly the same reasons others posted above. They need more color, more graphics and more pop/sub culture infusion.

+ The "never fall off" / heroin-tee seems a little to close to Anything the "never not working"....

At least they didn't do an "I heart" all-over tee.

Advertise yourself for free on a message board & be ready to be put on blast.

I'll be honest with you guys.

If I had a t-shirt company, and Urban Outfitters offered to pick up my brand, I would be on that cash in like 6 seconds.

If it was physically possible, I would do it in less time than that.

cuz they'll probably rip you off anyways, might as well get paid for it!