What'd you do last night?...

showbiz00ditc

Went to the pub for a drink in [a less than] merry England's first smoke-free day. The place stayed empty. Went home and watched five minutes of that Concert For Diana before wanting to gouge out my own eyes with a key fob. There's a special circle of hell reserved for those wretched performers. Fell asleep on the sofa for four hours and then couldn't sleep all night.

Sunday:

1. Leave for Iowa City.

2. Get in IC, friend gets a speeding ticket.

3. Eat ice cream.

4. Start drinking at five-thirty on my friend's porch.

5. Go downtown to The Mill, don't make it there. Everyone gets lost.

6. Return to friend's porch.

7. Everyone passes out.

Monday:

1. Friend gets pulled over again for not wearing seatbelt.

2. Eat. Bad eggs. Return by vomitting them all over Perkin's parking lot.

3. Go home. Watch Aeon Flux & Godzilla: Final Wars.

What? That's my friend's little brother's band! When I went into the studio with those guys a couple weeks ago, he played me the Nodzzz and was cracking me up. He told them to do a myspace and makes CDs and the kid was like "Ehhh, I don't want to be a MYSPACE band or a CD band."

edit: I moved to Oakland this weekend. Yesterday I took our album into the studio to get mastered

baseball, then drinking, then cooking out, then more drinking, then going home early, waking up at 2 am and fucking booting all over the fucking place

two nights ago: crushed that moz postponed his baltimore show, i sat at home by myself and watched 'who put the m in manchester'

twice

edit: i swear i didn't cry

Went to see Spain play Zambia at the FIFA U20 World Cup. I got to sit in one of the corporate boxes and eat and drink lots of free stuff. Spain got an early penalty kick (which the crowd felt was unjustified) so the majority of the largely neutral Vancouver crowd threw their support behind Zambia. This resulted in many comic moments with a bunch of Canadians trying to make up Zambian cheers. The game ended up 2-1 for Spain.

Watched "Live Free Die Hard"

me too

not bad; sort of the return of classic mcclane

and the apple kids as sidekick was better than you'd think

anyway, that was it for my night

i'm pretty sure my illness wed. was the result of drinking all day in the sun and humidity

i felt pretty good most of thursday, but that night i was again struck by server vomitarsis

not sure if it was related to wed.; this one felt like severe food poisoning, with some serious chills thrown in for good measure

intense

anyway, i spent the weekend recovering from that