lets talk watches

poopie boy

I'm no longer messing with acrylic, it's a nightmare to keep clear. My next watch is definitely going to be sapphire.
I would like my next daily/regular watch to have sapphire too, can be a Flieger-type watch again, but needs to have a sapphire crystal - IWC 3717 or the Glashutte Senator Navigator, I'm thinking.

make sure the watch doesnt have an AR coating on the topside either. those scratches can be just as annoying and will require u to buff out the entire AR coating on the topside of the crystal (if you find it that bothersome, that is).

Greetings Lads,

I have been reading this thread for quite some time now. Just wanting some advice from you experts :). Some might know that everything that even remotely smells luxury is 100 times more expensive in Australia..

I will be flying over to Europe in a couple of months time. To be precise, Amsterdam, Paris, Zurich and Rome. I am particularly interested in getting the Rolex Sub. I figured that buying a watch, I should head to Swiss to get one. But recently I was told that these watches are overpriced in Switzerland in comparison to other EU countries.

Any thoughts ? OR should I head to Singapore to get it or Online? Are there any authorised dealers online for Rolex ?

Thanks in advance :) Peace out

So where do you guys recommend me to purchase my beloved submariner from ? Which part of Europe is the best place to go pick one up ?

I think it's most expensive to pick up in EU at all, VAT is very high compared to taxes in other parts of the world. Sales tax in the US is 0-10%, in CAN it's up to 18%, and in EU it's always over 20% with VAT, being as much as nearly 30.

I think France, Spain, and Lux are the lowest in EU though, but not by a lot. Something to think about since it's going to be hundreds or thousands just in taxes, depending on how much watch you're buying.

I bought my sub from the UK. It's was back a few years tho when the pound was pretty weak. With the exchange rate and VAT refund (which was disappointingly less than the sales lady said it was going to be), the watch was actually cheaper than HK.

I bought my sub from the UK. It's was back a few years tho when the pound was pretty weak. With the exchange rate and VAT refund (which was disappointingly less than the sales lady said it was going to be), the watch was actually cheaper than HK.

That's pretty impressive actually. I was gonna say HK would be a no-brainer watch stop for Australians.

I've been buying my watches from Japan, but I don't really have a choice anyway. Too expensive in Korea. The yen rapes me but I can't fly off to America when I'm in Korea, so Japan does it. I think dollar to yen I spend 20-30% more than like the US used market prices on the various forums, but I haven't bought any mega expensive watches so the difference is bearable. I don't know if I'll ever get a Rolex now, but they were pretty cheap in Japan a year or so ago, and the yen wasn't as badly out of control at the time either. :(

I used to get all my new watches from Hong Kong. But I hear lately they stopped discounting completely because mainlanders with money are willing to pay MSRP. Good bye 33% off. Gotta settle for 25% discounts in the states.

^^^^ +1

I was quoted 15% off in Nov but I read its anywhere from 0-10% on SS Rolex if you're lucky.

mainlanders are fuckin retarded with money so they don't give a fuck.

I used to get all my new watches from Hong Kong. But I hear lately they stopped discounting completely because mainlanders with money are willing to pay MSRP. Good bye 33% off. Gotta settle for 25% discounts in the states.

How and where are you finding 25% discounts in the states on Rolex?

a little AR by where i grew up in jersey ;)

Can you hook up the discount? I'm ready to buy.

PM me!

^^^^ +1

I was quoted 15% off in Nov but I read its anywhere from 0-10% on SS Rolex if you're lucky.

mainlanders are fuckin retarded with money so they don't give a fuck.

Come to Singapore. Guaranteed 30% on Rollies, Omegas etc.