RRL Rodeo Ralph Lauren

narin

hahaha, i was thinking of trying to sell these to my sister, but the waist is too big. goddamn, i knew i should asked more questions when i won this shit. shit is going up on the market

Yes, sell them shits, asap.....

is there a website where you can see the current season's collection? particularly the westerns...
You might be able to see some stuff on rakuten.jp, but not if what coleslaw said is true.....It's better if you find an official store though, and feel the materials in your hand....Such a bone-a-rific experience.....

i'm thinking im going to ditch my RRLs. The huuuge rise is killing me - i wear it sort of low and I get a big ol bag around my butt. Besides that, the fit is just too full in general, more so than my five hundred and ones. I'll throw it in a hot soak this weekend as a last ditch effort so get some change out of it, if nothin i'll put them on the marketplace.

I'm really eying the SExDB contest jeans, a sort of slim straight fit. I could probably score a nice deal on some.

Guest DCDenim

hahaha

@ ttm, the SL RRLs have the exact same measurements as the 501s.

You bought a STF in 32 (shrinks to 31") so you should have bought a rinsed pair of RRL in 30w (31"), not 32w (33"), that's why you have excess baggage. No point soaking them, they will not shrink.

hahaha

@ ttm, the SL RRLs have the exact same measurements as the 501s.

You bought a STF in 32 (shrinks to 31") so you should have bought a rinsed pair of RRL in 30w (31"), not 32w (33"), that's why you have excess baggage. No point soaking them, they will not shrink.

Yeah... shoulda coulda woulda. At least i didn't drop any serious coin on them. However, I wore my STFs for about 3 weeks before a luke warm soak, and still I think the RRLs were fuller. I had to cuff the RRLs about an inch or i would have ground them up in a day, the stfs could get decent stacking and bunching from day one, sans cuff.

On the other hand....

Anyone want some worn 2 weeks RRL straight 32x32 rinse for a bargain close out price?? :D

I pmed you

Yeah... shoulda coulda woulda. At least i didn't drop any serious coin on them. However, I wore my STFs for about 3 weeks before a luke warm soak, and still I think the RRLs were fuller. I had to cuff the RRLs about an inch or i would have ground them up in a day, the stfs could get decent stacking and bunching from day one, sans cuff.

On the other hand....

Anyone want some worn 2 weeks RRL straight 32x32 rinse for a bargain close out price?? :D

dude, idk how well you know your wifey, but I would say this proposition has a 90% fail rate. Girls are stupid picky about jeans, they have very specific preferences when it comes to the fit: rise, length, fabric, leg opening... I would suggest Selfedge or BiG, somewhere you can buy and exchange is necessary...

dude, idk how well you know your wifey, but I would say this proposition has a 90% fail rate. Girls are stupid picky about jeans, they have very specific preferences when it comes to the fit: rise, length, fabric, leg opening... I would suggest Selfedge or BiG, somewhere you can buy and exchange is necessary...

All good and valid points. Thanks.

Guest DCDenim

yeah women have very specific preferences that's why they buy mall brand crap all the time..

If you buy her jeans, just the idea would be sweet enough that she'd give you some backdoor romance.

i got lucky... my girl loves rrl jeans ... and everything else she can find. i think she has5 pairs now.

dscf4567.jpg

some new rrls the wifey got me... they were the slim bootcut but i took the bootcut out with my sewing machine... im not sure if these are womens of mens, since the details dont match either... but they fit alright, and im not going down to south florida to return them tee is rrl too.

now that i think about it... so is the s/s chambray and 2 of the 3 pair of jeans hanging behind me.

Guest DCDenim

I bought my g/f two pairs recently

a rinse and a river blue patchwork. Both fit her ass perfectly.

cheep, if your button fly has less than 5 buttons or pockets too small to fit an iphone, it's a womens model.

Did she buy them at the Sawgrass outlet store? I have to make my way there one of these days. Was the selection big? I know hananasi lives around there, so he's always cleaning them out.

For those of you in LA, RRL Melrose will be having a party/sale tomorrow (Saturday) with 30% off and an added 15% off when you shop between 6-9pm. Food and drinks will be provided.

I don't think they do phone orders and I've never heard them doing 45% off in -store before.

cheep, if your button fly has less than 5 buttons or pockets too small to fit an iphone, it's a womens model.

is this really true? i bought some black slim fits from someone on the other sf, and they only have 4 buttons. i couldnt imagine their slim fit which is spose to have a lower rise than their regular fit, be able to fit 5 buttons on there

Guest DCDenim

All slim fits will have 5 buttons so will the low straights. there is just less space between the buttons.

the slim cut and low straight will have a 10.5" rise on a 32w. You guys wearing your 8.5-9.5" rises on 32w are just wearing large womens jeans.

there are a few other things such as the way the pockets are laid out and the way the denim is cut that makes it easy to tell.

Slim Straight is an exclusive womens model, Slim Fit and Slim Bootcut is made for both.

Is there any place I can phone order a pair from? The barneys near me only has washed straight, and I need a washed slim.

American rag won't do it, I will try the Rodeo store tomorrow.

Farinelli's still has a couple of washed pairs left. Just depends on what size you need.

"All slim fits have 5 buttons..." Well, except for the pairs that have zippers.

I have a pair of the raw straight legs and it is definitely a slow process. they are very rigid and a lot heavier than I thought so i'm gonna put these away till around september/october once the weather cools down.

btw if you're looking for some RRLs hit up eBay, there used to be a ton on there. if you look around carefully you can find sellers who work at a denim store and have multiple sizes (and are easy to negotiate with)

I have a pair of 31W slim fits that have 4 buttons. I think with the rise, there is no way to fit 5 buttons on the fly, but w/e the fit is spot-on, so I'll wear lady jeans if the fits good

Guest DCDenim

"All slim fits have 5 buttons..." Well, except for the pairs that have zippers.

my only experience was a sample pair I had with the mens zip fly is they use lighter denim (possibly 12.5 vs 14oz), blue line selvedge, no hidden rivets.

My straight-leg raws are about to hit the 5 month mark. Worn about x3-4 a week. There is some moderate discoloration around the natural creases and pocket bulges.

Never washed em' -- should I soak or just machine wash the first time around? These are my first real attempt at breaking in raw denim...