please help

Dex_star

i kno this topic has been covered frequently and i should search... but i did and only got some vague answers

i just bought some apc ns and the inseam is waaayyyy too long... instead of hemming i want to shrink the length but still maintain the shine and original look of the raw denim

maximum shrinkage and minimum fade is basically what im looking for..

how can i achieve this?

thanx

How bout cuffing them inside out, if you know what i mean. Then just iron the bottom or something to keep it there for a few days and it will wear itself in. If its really that long get them hemmed.

how could you have done a searchand came up with "vague" info?

You should expect 2-3 inches in legnth shrinkage for most denim. too keep as much color as possible, do it in the bath tub, inside out, keeping the water warm to hot by draining and then adding water, SLOWLY, dont turn the damn faucet on full blast so the water shoots into the jeans, you might even get a plate and use that to direct the stream more along the side of the tub, and filling it back up when it gets cool.

Couldn't tell you how long to do this for, prob a couple hours, watch adult swim or something some night and go check during commercials....

I can't think of a way to make shine stay.

I concur with the idea of cuffing them towards the inside and even just tacking them, and then wearing, and washing later.