NYC SERVICE / STAFF

Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

Why are there basically four types of staff?

1. the dudes who think that they're cool, show no emotion, and are pretty much rude to everyone. Nort guys, 360 Toy Group, Supreme Workers, UNION workers.

2. the dudes who are cool and friendly if you show respect. Pony tail hair guy at alife, DQM, NdG.

3. people that are really nice [most often the asian workers, no offense], but don't really offer much help in terms of service. Reed Space girl, Cluster, WK.

4. the people who seem to be just there for a job, look sullen, but they don't have anything to offer, often at stussy and shops like prohibit, etc. the guys on the floor at BWS. Recon guys are really nobodys.

seems as though there are more than a few posts regarding the service of various establishments in new york...the way i see it, it is what it is...if you don't like the service, don't shop there...owners have a right to create whatever environment they please when opening shop, and as long as they support their employees, those that work there can act in whatever way they please. let's face it, when it comes to places such as Supreme, i'm certain more than half of the clientele forget their manners when shopping there...they're so concerned with getting their hands on the goods that they forget how to act...i've seen it happen...so, i'm not surprized cats that work there get fed up...these shops are there to provide product for the masses, that's it...nobody says they have to do it with a smile...i'm not saying who's wrong or who's right...just saying what some have already stated...if you want the goods, go in, treat em like you want to be treated, pay your money, and get out...just my thoughts...

exactly...I was kinda amused at first when I saw all these threads complaining about service...coz I never really ever had a problem with any of these people before and I never walk into any of these stores expecting to be treated like a king in some Beverly Hills type boutique. Sometimes I rather they don't talk too much and that's the same way I behave. I walk in there, I look at stuff, get what I want and leave. I don't ask stupid question and I don't press them for release dates or hookups or anything like that. If you were ever treated badly and u know you were not in any way wrong at all...walk out and don't ever go back again unless they hire some new staff.

It's a plus if the shop has cool staff like recon/Nort west in SF and the OG Huf staff.(and no, it's not the annoying salesperson kinda friendliness) But if they don't have that kinda hospitality, so what? I'm not going there to get a blowjob...