Vans Authentics?

flux

theyre still pretty comfortable. my mr. cartoon authentics have not failed me yet. surprisngly theyre one of the most comfortable shoes i own. yeah!

try new balance and visvim

when i wore a pair of new balances for the first time after wearing dunks for 2 years

i was totally surprised...

when i wore a pair of new balances for the first time after wearing dunks for 2 years

the only downside of NB, is that they have a very roomy toebox...

I tried on some Visvim FTBs today for the first time and i was really dissapointed! The little nylon net tougne thing was a bitch! and it felt like I had barely any arch support. Leather was nice tho, but other than that, I dont see the point in paying 200 bucks for em. Hello ebay... :D

but new balance and visvim cost much more than a cheap pair of authentics. im happy with the comfort factor of the authentics.

• 9 months later...

Probably my favorite shoe ever besides the half cab. It's just a really simple comfy no hassle low profile shoe. Looks great with slim jims or shorts. Goes with everything. Actually pretty fun shoe to skate actually, I thrashed up a pair a while ago, didn't hold up well of course cuz it's a canvas shoe, but still felt good.

do you have to size down in these since there is less padding? and do you guys wear these with socks? im just looking to pair it with denim...

if they turn out not to be as comfortable as you'd like, just put a sole insert in them. and if you're wearing them with jeans, why not just wear socks too for extra padding

i wear an 8 in all vans (chukkas, authentics, eras..), half size down from my normal nike size..

i find authentics to be very comfortable, especially once theyre worn in.

and yes..wear them with socks..

Ace.

they fit about the same (eras and authentics), and if you are going sockless the authentics are a much better choice as the leather inside the era tends to rub a little more than the simple canvas would in the authentic. Both are excellent, but weve had a lot more requests for authentics lately, as far as what is more popular... (mainly because of dylan reider and angel ramirez)

just some fyi from a skateboarding perspective.

they fit about the same (eras and authentics), and if you are going sockless the authentics are a much better choice as the leather inside the era tends to rub a little more than the simple canvas would in the authentic. Both are excellent, but weve had a lot more requests for authentics lately, as far as what is more popular... (mainly because of dylan reider and angel ramirez)

just some fyi from a skateboarding perspective.

please listen here, skating these is heaven. take some rubber cement or glue, dab it on to the spot on the toe that gets torn up, and be done with it. this simple tip works like a fucking charm and allows you to skate these things for weeks, even months... works on converse too

i wear an 8 in all vans (chukkas, authentics, eras..), half size down from my normal nike size..

i find authentics to be very comfortable, especially once theyre worn in.

and yes..wear them with socks..

Ace.

so if im a 12 in nike sb dunks, i should size down too? or are you talking just regular nikes. thanks.

so if im a 12 in nike sb dunks, i should size down too? or are you talking just regular nikes. thanks.

i wear an 8.5 in SB dunks and an 8 in authentics.

best thing to do is to go and try a pair on somewhere.

Ace.

i usually wear a half size smaller in vans, but i typically don't wear socks with them in the summer. if you go this route, beware, as your feet will eventually smell like a corpse and the inside of the shoe will get sticky from grime and the glue on the insole.

9.5 which is my size in dunks and a 9.5 in authentics bother me a bit on sides there kind of tight i have to wear really thin or ankle socks so they don't hurt on the sides

I really love the blue pair I picked up recently. They go with everything, and I find they're more comfortable than I expected. Coming from Vans slip-ons I wasn't sure if I'd miss the padding, but I really don't even notice that it's gone. I plan to order the black/black pair soon.

And as far as sizing goes, I ordered the same size as my slip-ons (12), and they also fit about the same as my 11.5 Purcells (although those are almost a tiny bit longer but a little more narrow). One thing I like about Vans is that they always fit my wide feet. Some narrow shoes totally kill my feet unless I size up a bunch.

thats funny cause i wear 10 in purcells and 9.5 in most vans. anyone else wear different sizes for sk8 hi from authentics? i just got a pair in size 9 off ebay and from what i remember last a 9 fit me comfortably in store. oh well.