Has anyone taken over Cold Rice?

sneakeraddict

Yes I'm planning to do it. Right now I'll be working with a friend in Japan so I'll only be able to get items from Rakuten, Yahoo or other online shops. When I'll move to Japan in fall, I'll be able to provide the whole thing.

If you need anything, just pm me or send me a mail at [email protected] but I have to warn you that the service might be a bit slower in the first few days.

cool man, what are you planning on doing in Japan?

I'll try to survive. Seriously, it might sound silly but I just dropped out from college (I was studying music) and I always wanted to learn japanese. Also I had the feeling that if I stayed at home I'd become lazy. I'm taking a big risk but I can't wait. Hopefully I'll have enough funds to live there as long as I want.

how much japanese do you know, basics? to get around? you should be cool..

I don't know much japanese as I've started a like 3 weeks ago.

I know a few hundred kanji so I can read a bit and some phrases. I'm pretty comfortable with the grammar but I lack vocabulary. I'm trying to speak more and more japanese, I think that when I'll be surrounded by japanese I'll learn much more vocabualry.

Hey dude, just TEACH english over there. Screw learning japanese. I'm sure you've heard of the JET program.

i second that

it's sad but non-japanese asians are not very welcome in japan

Not true. I work for an investment bank with tons of 6 foot tall blonde foreigners and I can tell you that the image is farthest from the truth in Tokyo nowadays. These guys have money, are tall, all that bs but still wouldn't know what to do with a woman. They have entirely NO game. That said, it helps, just like being famous helps or owning your own country, but I know plenty of non-Japanese Asians here that are sucessful with women here. Confidence man....

i second that

it's sad but non-japanese asians are not very welcome in japan

not true at all. like djrajio said, it's a new day, dude. koreans are a hot commodity in japan--many women are really feeling them. okinawans, who used to be looked down upon are getting a lot of ass these days. i'm japanese american and my wife won't let me out of her sight in tokyo, whereas a long time ago, they would call me a "fakingu yankee!"

if you got confidence, swagger, and style--and especially, if you are from the united states, you'll score. a lot. trust me.

2000db, you'll be fine. your girl will make sure you don't starve.

btw, if you have a japanese girlfriend, japanese is super easy to learn. i know americans who've become fluent in about 2 years. i know americans who've married japanese girls who can speak and read better than me (although my accent is better).

have fun, man. when i go over there in september or oct, i'll holler at you, man.