HDTV Advice?

Westbrook

i have a panasonic LCD viera

i thought about buying a plasma but i opted for LCD

for the following reasons:

1) price issue (was cheaper than plasma)

2) picture can "burn in" if the tv is left too long

be sure to get a model with HDMI inputs. the picture quality is insanely good

if DVDs / games are played via HDMI

i just don't trust sony anymore (i used to).

their products don't tend to last long, especially their PCs.

I'm looking to pick up a new tv. I was wondering if anyone had any recomendations or warnings about any particular brands or models in the $600-1000 range. Definately looking for a flatscreen, HD.

Good or bad experiences?

Thanks futurists

That's a low budget, are you looking to get like a 26"? I think Westinghouse if your best bet. If you really want to do your own research, go to http://www.avsforum.com Anything you buy, make sure it has an HDMI input, otherwise don't buy it.

<edit> didn't see herpsky's HDMI advice at first. Thumbs up.

Thanks for the advice guys. Especially faust, that avsforum was just the thing I was looking for but didn't know it.

Cheers, and good luck! Wife promised to buy one with her first big-ass lawyer paycheck - I'm keeping my fingers crossed :-)

Hey I just recently picked up a westing house LCD 32" @ best buy.. It looked great in the store, I got it to replace a 27" tube tv. i also own two samsung DLP televisions a 42" and a 50" both kick ass. especially tha 50" thats what I've got my xbox 360 hooked up to and the home theater. If you can deal with the fact that u cant hang it on the wall, I would drop a DLP you can get a much bigger screen with the same quality picture as LCD for a lil less $$$.