rag & bone jeans

ddohnggo

i did a search and saw that there wasn't a thread for rag & bone and figured i would make one. i just got my pair of rb11's and they are probably one of the best jeans i've worn. excellent cut, perfect straight leg fit. denim is really high quality, hidden rivets, nice hardware, suspender buttons, and nice selvedge coin pockets to boot.

i had the rb2 trouser jeans and these definitely blow it out of the water. plus i paid $100 less than retail which makes it that much more sweet.

yeah i briefly came into contact with an RB1 (sounds like i caught a disease doesn't it) and i am amazed at the workmanship. they actually line their waistband so that it feels like wearing a pair of dress pants. i'm not a fan of the RB1 cut but if the RB6 and 11 are built the same way give me a good discount and i'll snatch every pair in sight.

Big supporter of the label. The jeans and jackets rate high in my book.

Same here, but I'm boycotting their jeans until they realize that you don't need to wear a 34 waist to require a 34 inseam.

Minya--I probably couldn't force my forearm through the pant leg, let alone my legs. But if you want pix I'll send them. (settle down--i mean pix of me not my wife)

I was on the fence about how the pocket should sit on the hips when it comes to denim. I think Rogan was the pioneer of this kind of cut (with slash pockets) and I think he manages to make it work when the denim itself is conservative and not overly fussed with. (pic below of my white rogans with slash pockets) Menswear is more conservative than womenswear, and of all menswear denim probably THE most conservative in terms of how a jean can be styled and still seem like a jean. Given that, I'm actually impressed with the R & B cut. That kind of dressier cut could go so much worse (and probably will). On my wife, the slight flare of the pockets gives the denim a more sophisticated feel without going cheeseball. I think on a guy with a darker denim is very nice.

rbuf5.th.jpg

roganwhiteim7.th.jpg

I have the RB11's... they are a bit huge in the ass, seems to be growingt larger. Going on 4 months in them. They are pretty sweet. Selvedge, hand made in N.Carolina or something.. japanese denim. Selvedge coin pocket, hidden rivets, suspender buttons.

*just realized i pretty much copied ddonghho's post =/

I wish I could but they are really my first pair of raw denim. I did, however, try on a few pairs of raws at the store in Austin, TX where I bought them but I don't remember, with the exception of APC new standards, what the other makes were. I remember a 28 in APC's were larger than that of the rag&bones, so i opted for the latter. Also, with the 30" inseam on these as opposed to the ...whatever length APC's, worked much better for me. The APC's were so stiff and bunched up to my knees it felt like. Rag & bones were snug but a great fit my waist measures 29"... maybe I can get some pics posted soon, I've been meaning to take some anyways so I can monitor progress.

sz purchased: 28x30

Measurements as of now (as I said, going on 4months)

Waist measure 30"s now , not sure if they were a true 28 before

Inseam is true to size, 30"

Thigh 10"

Knee 8"

Leg Opening a tad over 8" or 21CM

Front Rise (if I'm measureing appropriately, from top of waist band to crotch seam) 10"

Back rise 14 and 3/4" this is a bit saggy on my ass, the only thing about these jeans that I'm not in love with.

Back pockets are large it seems 6 3/4 " accross 7 1/4" length wise

hope that helps....excuse me while I put my pants back on

Try Factorypeople.com I got mine from there , but I got them at their actual store, I think the Five pocket rigid is them? You would be better of calling and asking, the staff is much more knowledgable than the website... and I think they have 35% sale right now, act quick

Try Factorypeople.com I got mine from there , but I got them at their actual store, I think the Five pocket rigid is them? You would be better of calling and asking, the staff is much more knowledgable than the website... and I think they have 35% sale right now, act quick

factorypeople is irritating on their website when they don't post the model number along with the descriptions. 5 pocket rigid leaves plenty of space for mistakes...

• 2 weeks later...

R&B RB11's in rigid and light blue.. how do these run? with the high (10") rise should i go with 28" or 30", are these supposed to sit on the top of the hip or where..?

factory people says "I find Rag & Bone run small. I'm a 32" waist and wear 34" in R & B."

crappy jeans but they're the only ones that kind of fit the measurements of R&B that i have

img0293rl5.th.jpgimg0289wr6.th.jpg

waist: 14"

front rise: 10"

back rise: 14"

Quality construction, lovely denim... nice straight leg fit though a little full through the lower leg for my taste.

Oh, and size UP! I'm a 31 A.P.C. New Std's and wear 34" in R & B. Plus the inseam is 32" up to size 32" waist, then 34" inseam for larger waist sizes...

The jackets and shirts are really nice too - same quality construction.

And CFDA nominees which counts for something.