blueblood denim

what are people's experience with blueblood brand? i just bought a pair of raw selvedge from them, i don't even know what denim it is (i.e. japanese, italian or crap???), all i know is it's made in hong kong which is a bit disappointing, because some of their jeans are made in italy, and then there's a bunch made in tunisia or something. i just don't understand how they charge that much for a pair of jeans and still decide to make them in cheaper countries...

the reason i bought them is because they look good when worn, and it was on sale... bought them for a laughing price (compared to RRP)

i got a pair of one wash blue bloods and the fit is awesome i think on me. They feel nice and are dark as hell. I havent washed them yet.

If you got a raw denim when you do your wash you should wear them cuz i've heard stories of blueblood shrinking soooo much to the point where u wont be able to wear them at all after a wash so make sure you are wearing them.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The old collection was pretty decent. The new collection has some aweful fits though. Backpockets on some of the jeans are TOO big and the backpocketdesign on one model is soo ugly, it's like... diagonal, too big and they're badly placed. I really like the fit on the jeans with "DRY" on one backpocket though. And the selvage jeans are pretty nice too.

Weird thing is... I bought a japanese denim none selvage pair from the "for our friends" collection that's worth 240 euros(about 340 USD) love the fit btw. But the selvage jeans are 230 euros(324 USD), and an other selvage model is about 250(353 USD)... Maybe it's the Japanese denim? Or maybe the 240 euros jeans are part of the "first class"quality collection?. Yeah, I heard blueblood devides it's jeans into quality "classes"(don't know how to call it) first, second and third class.(don't know how it works and not sure)

Oh, and what I really like is that some of the models are a bit tapered on the bottom of the hem, you can't really see it but it prevents the jeans from crawling under your shoes:)

edit: I got the 240 euros jeans for cheap btw.(60 euros/$85 hehe) NO WAY that I would pay 240 euros for a non selvage pair of jeans if I could get a selvage pair for less.