worst (sufu) waywt fits

Yeah of course if you do just shirt and tie the thin tie looks better. isnt that just common sense?

but Vitamin or whoever was like "oh no you can never wear a tie without a jacket or sweater. Ever." and I was like "nuh uh"

You can do it, but does it look good most of the time? Most of the time you'll look like our fake Playboys here.

It looks like you just got off work at some cafe and you took off the apron.

The slim shirt and tie just look like people who can't afford Dior Homme but wear really cheap brands for the effect. Or Electrotrash types.

Never, ever, ever wear a tie without a jacket, or a sweater. There's never an excuse. Even if you're on Jil Sander's runway.

EVERRRRRRRRR.

The dude throwing the sign with the gold shoes does *not* look "COOL AS FUK." I thought that was sarcasm at first when I read that.

Never, ever, ever wear a tie without a jacket, or a sweater. There's never an excuse. Even if you're on Jil Sander's runway.

EVERRRRRRRRR.

The dude throwing the sign with the gold shoes does *not* look "COOL AS FUK." I thought that was sarcasm at first when I read that.

While I would never say "never" regarding fashion rules, as I truly believe there's someone, somewhere that will pull off anything, I would say you could follow those simple rules:

-shirt + tie have a business wear cut and pattern=always wear a jacket or sweater. Of course you will remove the jacket once you're at your desk, just like I remove my shoes when I get home.

-shirt + tie have a slimmer/vintage/indie/whatever cut and pattern=to be on the safe side go with a sweater or jacket, but it is also possible to pair them with a leather jacket, when most of the activities will go on outdoor.

is it just me or is it just really impossible to do black shirt/tie with anything without looking like a hipster dipshit.

Unless you're trying to "GQ" it like those vapid Chrisian Asians and their equally empty girlfriends in some foul confection chosen simply to highlight some Coach bag bought from Costco.

well... you would be right... tho not exactly making fun of since i do like PIL.

off topic, but I found a rare vinyl bootleg of a live show from around 79!

and now to order one of those shirts...