good hip hop

Dres.............

On the contrary, I love that boom bap sample-laced sound!

It's just hard for me to get down with any "new" music where you could swap out the beat for something made 15 years ago and it would actually improve the sound of it. Dudes today think they're primo once they buy a used mpc and a miles davis record, but lack the flavor that made the "golden era" so wonderful and timeless.

Ps you gotta realize that I really listen to hip hop mostly for the beats. As long as the mc has a good voice and delivery, I could give a fuck what he's saying -- if the beat's good I can get down with the track.

Anyone hook me up with MellowHype's Yellowhite? Had the CD, but think I forgot it hotboxing my brains out. And now the dl link is broken everywhere I go.

So I got my CD back, no thanks to any of you.

Liking the merger, even tho the title could be sexier.

"How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Hip Hop"

Meh.

been listening to Who Da Mane a lot

this video is lol

zztsdzntVzM

“still keep them red monkey jeans, ecko's and sean john”

kMOf2EZ253M

I chopped and dümed this track too: http://soundcloud.com/rawdrugraps/stalker-chopped-and-d-med

also: I was bored and broke up the hip-hop in my iTunes by state. New York rules by a fucking huge margin. Texas and Georgia are next. I feel like I should have more westcoast shit. Recommend please.

edit: just cause I think it's interesting here's the count (by album)

Alabama - 7

California - 4

Florida - 3

Georgia - 12

Illinois - 3

Indiana - 1

New Orleans - 5

New York - 75

Ohio - 3

Pennsylvania - 6

Tennessee - 5

Texas - 14

Virginia - 4

^Grew up on that shit. Was wondering the same thing, haha.

Just realized you meant albums though dum, not artists. 8ball & MJG is good shit.. heard of Starlito but I think he's Nashville and most of that stuff sucks. Who is 2nd Family? All I can find online is some group from Tacoma.

Starlito's dope, but I didn't know du was Tennessee until I checked. 2nd Family is some old Memphis shit I got off some blog or something.

I was honestly never exposed to three six until fairly recently. I was overseas most of my life. For the short time I lived in the states it was Bad Boy from my dad and No Limit from my friends at school.

I gotta check out 2nd Family if it's old Memphis shit.. three 6 and other Memphis stuff is pretty much the only rap I knew until I was about 12.

It sucks that three 6 has become so commercial. They were so much better in the early-mid 90s..

SmokeOutLocedOut1994.jpg

also: I was bored and broke up the hip-hop in my iTunes by state. New York rules by a fucking huge margin. Texas and Georgia are next. I feel like I should have more westcoast shit. Recommend please.

not sure what the 4 cali albums you got are, but del has always been a favorite of mine. both as a solo artist and with hieroglyphics. a-plus (of hiero) is one of the more underrated producers

cant remember who prod'd this track but its always been a fav

ybmcTkRUO6U

off his third solo album, future development. his first is sort of standard early 90s production in terms of sound. i always like his shit cause its easy for a second to forget hes from cali aside from the strong accent and oakland references

3rd eye vision is a classic to me. a-plus, casual, and opio lace with ill production. the music of hiero ( along with souls of mischief) del, the pharcyde is the more conscious hip hop to the more fun party shit of early e40, mac dre, and obviously dre...which is all good stuff really.

planet asia is a solid emcee too. also souls of mischief released an album in '09 that was executively produced by prince paul that i thought was pretty good

Gucci is so listenable. Always makes me smile.

sNMlKY-curk

Thanks, Unique. I'll check some stuff out. I just find I can't get into westcoast shit as much as any other region. You'd think living here for 6 years would help, but it hasn't.

yeah i agree, I hadn't even listened to the whole thing yet when I posted it. I was actually pretty let down by the Rustie & Hudson Mohawke produced trax, thought they would be the best but... eh...

yeah, very disappointed by the hud mo track, i'm telling myself he put on a shitty track because he doesn't care about a free gucci mixtape.

Gucci is so listenable. Always makes me smile.

he is, i just feel like some of his tracks get really repetitive after a bit of listening, du is hilarious tho. this track is funny, fucking gucci time

4VoIAzC_0zs

"colder than a polar bear sleeping in a freezer" lol

on the real tho, with all the ice out today gucci would be proud

errthing iced out!!!! brrrr

Hard in the Paint is Flocka. Flockaveli was my favorite hip hop release from last year.

Unlike Gucci though, seeing Flocka in interviews and shit is not funny. Dude is genuinely dim and can come off kinda timid at times which is weird. I've only seen a few appearances though.