good hip hop

Not much current hip hop interests me anymore, I feel that the genre went into the totally wrong direction.

But earlier this year I heard the new Polyrhythm Addicts album, which caught my attention. I'd say they're a hip hop group that's currently out which better than Little Brother.

Anybody else check out their album?

Wu-Tang just fucking put some songs out. And the album is scheduled for dec. 2007. Camp Lo just put an album out. Clipse owned 2006 as far I'm concerned. I always like Dead Prez. UGK's new album has been paying in my car for awhile now. Outkast shits on LB. If we wanna be backpacker kiddies I like Supreeme and Babbletron more.

Is that enough?

Ah yes, the new UGK album was in my deck for a couple weeks.

I'm kinda worried about the new Wu release though .. there's gonna be such high anticipations for that album, and I don't know if they can deliver as a group. I think Ghost, Meth, RZA, can hold their own .. maybe even GZA but I can't really say much positive about the recent stuff from other members. Really not feeling the whole soft spoken style that Rae has been coming with lately, too monotone.

only groups you mentioned that can compete is Outkast and because I was just listening to Luchini, Camp Lo

LB are still those niggas

They have the same Lupe Fiasco, supremely stuck up disease bullshit going on. That said, they're also pretty good lyricists (same as Lupe)... who knows.

Not much current hip hop interests me anymore, I feel that the genre went into the totally wrong direction.

But earlier this year I heard the new Polyrhythm Addicts album, which caught my attention. I'd say they're a hip hop group that's currently out which better than Little Brother.

yeah i heard it around last month, even just that first tracked got me

Ah yes, the new UGK album was in my deck for a couple weeks.

I'm kinda worried about the new Wu release though .. there's gonna be such high anticipations for that album, and I don't know if they can deliver as a group. I think Ghost, Meth, RZA, can hold their own .. maybe even GZA but I can't really say much positive about the recent stuff from other members. Really not feeling the whole soft spoken style that Rae has been coming with lately, too monotone.

of course the genius can hold his own. anyway, its all about the direction they take as a group that will decide it for me

and the two tracks that were released are good to me if theyre any indicator

GZA definitely comes with the lyrics .. my only problem is that sometimes his flow can also be so monotone .. no energy on the mic, what so ever. I did enjoy the Grandmasters album with Muggs though.

One of my friends went to the recent listening party, he told me INS did it up on the tracks he's featured on .. but I haven't heard for myself.

hollywood...

im pretty sure LB would slap the shit out of their own fans if they heard them saying LB is the best thing in hip hop right now.

thats just so far out of bounds. backpack rap is over. im sick of going to shows where every suburban thug has a cd to sell and people are in the smokehole ciphering while the headliner performs. little brother is trying to distance themselves from fans like you because they know you will jump ship the next time some throw back group comes out. and how is having generic r&b hooks hard anyway? saying the people in this thread dont know shit about hip hop is fucking rediculous. people in here are talking about areas of the culture you will be jocking in two years. get your learn on.

I liked Polyrhythm at first but got tired of it realyl quickly, dunno why. I couldn't remember a single trakc from the album now.

I agree on LB being a little repititive, but I do like it a lot. they stuck to a good formula, maybe a bit too heavily but atleast it sounds dope.

Wu-Tang just fucking put some songs out. And the album is scheduled for dec. 2007. Camp Lo just put an album out. Clipse owned 2006 as far I'm concerned. I always like Dead Prez. UGK's new album has been paying in my car for awhile now. Outkast shits on LB. If we wanna be backpacker kiddies I like Supreeme and Babbletron more.

Is that enough?

truthhhhhhhhhh

I liked Polyrhythm at first but got tired of it realyl quickly, dunno why. I couldn't remember a single trakc from the album now.

I agree on LB being a little repititive, but I do like it a lot. they stuck to a good formula, maybe a bit too heavily but atleast it sounds dope.

What's really quickly to you? After one listen through of the album?

It was only in my rotation for about a week, but I honestly can't say it's because I got bored of it or because I just download so much music, I'm always listening to something else unless I really like it.

And what hip hop albums / compilations have been in your deck lately, Mike?

was "provider" on that album?

Nah that was on "In Search Of..." along with Lapdance, Rockstar, etc. I liked that album. Anyone know why there's some weird ass drums on the copy I downloaded though?

theres two versions of in search of. when pharell took the OG to virgin, they said it wasnt good enough. he went back in the lab with spymob and added instrumentation for the final cut. but the promo had already gone to press and now everyone who wants to be cool says the original is better. i havnt heard it though, cause im not cool.

i'm liking Getback. Illmind lives up to his production name when it comes to beats.

quick list of who i'm bumpin' right now (hip-hop wise).

Mickey Factz

Esso

Spot

James W.A.T.T.S.

The Replacementz

Ransom

The Cool Kids

Drake

Kardinal Offishall

MF DOOM

Madlib

google and enjoy.

i'm liking Getback. Illmind lives up to his production name when it comes to beats.

quick list of who i'm bumpin' right now (hip-hop wise).

Mickey Factz

Esso

Spot

James W.A.T.T.S.

The Replacementz

Ransom

The Cool Kids

Drake

Kardinal Offishall

MF DOOM

Madlib

google and enjoy.

I listen to the bolded...I'll look up the others..thanks.

un- definately check kardinal, one of the only canadian mcs that deserves the little props they get and should get more on your side of the border.

also, not really hip hop but everyone should get the new sharon jones album if they are into the classic soul sound. the record is backed by the dap kings who did amy winehouses album and its super smooth. i got it after work and have goen through it at least 4 times in a matter of hours.

oh yeah... almost forgot

Wale (Mark Ronson's smartest move to date outside of his production work)

Ab-Liva (not sure if he's signed to Clipse's Re-Up Gang imprint, but dope regardless)

Ms. Jade (first album = slept on. and she's still got heat)

Willie The Kid (Aphilliates)

Young Dro (slept on though it took awhile for him to grow on me)

Saigon (not unsigned but fuckit)

Lupe Fiasco (personality-wise it's whatever but the rhymes keep him afloat)

Bishop Lamont (see: young dro)

and beats from alot of people.... producer list coming soon lol.

un- definately check kardinal, one of the only canadian mcs that deserves the little props they get and should get more on your side of the border.

add shad k to that smallll group. his new album should be dropping soon but its streaming right now on his myspace http://www.myspace.com/shad

this was probably discussed, but has anyone heard percee p's new album? thoughts? i like.

theres two versions of in search of. when pharell took the OG to virgin, they said it wasnt good enough. he went back in the lab with spymob and added instrumentation for the final cut. but the promo had already gone to press and now everyone who wants to be cool says the original is better. i havnt heard it though, cause im not cool.

actually, the original one really is better.

the original album is a lot more electronic and with a lack of live instruments.

the second version was recorded with spymob and therefore with a lot of real instruments, specially drums, making up a not so good album in my opinion.

plus, the original cover looks way cooler.

i like both though

What's really quickly to you? After one listen through of the album?

It was only in my rotation for about a week, but I honestly can't say it's because I got bored of it or because I just download so much music, I'm always listening to something else unless I really like it.

And what hip hop albums / compilations have been in your deck lately, Mike?

hmm maybe like 3 good listens within a week, haven't played it after that. maybe I should though. but yea I'm in the same boat, I listen over so much stuff that even good albums might go past me quickly.

I've been listening to Median, Kanye, Just Jack, Monch.. and now LB for a couple of days, plus all individual tracks I've been posting here. I'm really feeling that new Ghost track

oh and I've also listened to the new Army of Pharaohs album a few times, to be honest I'm really not that into JMT/Celph/etc type of stuff, but some of the beats on this album and Snowgoons are just insane