Have you found a perfect pair to wear to corporate setting work?

user name

While it's exciting to get back into a real world, my APCs will receive less love (or wear) from me once I start my job after my graduation.

Although I have enough jeans, I'm now in a quest for that comfort jean that's also suitable for the casual Fridays at corporate. My APC Cure is too... tight for work settings, New Standard will keep its cuff and not going to work for work, Levi's 511 and 514s are never comfortable enough to me (too tight around the "important" area), you get the idea..

Have you guys found that perfect pair where it's slim enough yet comfortable? For a guy who's 5'11", 150lb., I'm rather having a difficult time finding a work appropriate jeans...

depends a lot on your office culture I guess. I rock my APC ps regularly (w/ cuff) in a business casual environment and it's fine. I see what you mean about wearing jeans that are too tight though, sitting in a chair all day means you appreciate looseness a little more than usual. Not to mention it can look a little "too much" sometimes, especially when you tuck in the shirt IMHO.

Because of this my next pair will probably be a straighter fit, like an APC ns or Baldwin Denim Reed. Interested to see what other suggestions pop up in this thread

Business casual as well.

Half the time I goto work in my slim mabitex trousers. The other half of the time I go in my raw 19cms that I've broken in over the years which are very comfortable to wear nowadays. They're tapered slim but not as slim as the APC PS I have, which makes them decent work denim. I'm going to get negrepped for this but I had them hemmed a bit too cuz they normally have some pretty intense stacking.

also wanted to mention Dockers Alphas as a decent alternative for non-denim days (yes, such a thing does exist). They're cut slim but not crazily so, and are affordable (check Amazon) yet dressy enough for a business casual environment. Way better fit than anything I've tried from J Crew or Gap.

has anyone tried Jcrew jeans for casual Fridays? Looking at their website, it looks slim enough, but also loose enough for work setting?

Sitting at your desk for long hour is definitely a struggle. I don't want to be sitting there uncomfortable in a meeting. :P

I had my my couple years of working in a corporate setting, I'd turned up in jeans and was told they didn't look smart enough.

I simply switched to Lee 101Z reissues; they're sanforized, so you can wear them raw. A straight fit, and cause of that slight Sanforized sheen they look neater than Levi's. I would dry clean them the first once or so, to minimise fading. Then after the first wash, when they shrank and faded, I switched them to weekends and in the evening. THey ended up looking pretty good.

Batch2FL.jpg

My best friend, who's gone all corporate, uses Uniqlo selvage in the same way - it's very dark initially - and they look great, too, pretty much the modern equivalent, with Kaihara Sanforized denim.

AS for my job, it was lousy... but the payoff when it went tits-up cleared a big chunk of my mortgage.

Edited by Paul T