South Willard in LA

dutchxoven

I don't know how this place stays in business. I am sure the owners are nice people, but the last time I was in there I think they had a total of 15 pieces in store. For guys they have Rag & Bone, Raf Simons, for girls, some Veronique Branquinho and some other stuff. Haven't seen their own jean line, but I am going to guess it is ridiculously overpriced considering the other prestige lines they carry.

Some other brands they often have stuff from:

Alexandre Herchovitch, Alyssa Norton, Amy Yao, Aprix, Bernhard Willhelm, Bon & Ging, Bruno Pieters, Eugene Ong, Life with Bird, Lorenzo Merlino, Mary Ping, Opening Ceremony, Postalco, Rachel Comey, Slow and Steady Wins the Race, Stuart England, Tagbanger

I don't think it is worth the visit unless you have serious cash and/or an excessive affinity with any of the aforementioned brands. Denim Doctors is down the street, however, and they carry HUNDREDS of vintage Levi's etc.

Also try Scout just down the road from there:

http://www.scoutla.com

Be sure to eat at Doughboy's (all these places are on 3rd).

I believe you, I am just surprised. Also keep in mind that there are SEVERAL clothing stores to each side of South Willard. It is just illogical that they would go from a boutique that carried one-off pieces from small global designers to selling a mainstream brand like APC in the two months since I was there. Maybe the needed some money. Who knows..........

Yeah, the definitely carry APC. I tried the South Willard jeans when I went there a few weeks ago. I think they are $195. There are 4 models available, a regular cut, and a slim cut, in both 11oz and 14oz Japanese denim. All non-selvage.

I was pretty impressed with the fit of the regular cut in the 14oz, that's all I tried though. The 11oz would probably make the perfect summer project.

Definitely worth a visit though. After all, you have stores like South Willard, Scout, HTC, and Ron Herman all within a couple of miles. When I was walking to my car, I noticed another store that they were working on. Wasn't open yet, but it was inbetween South Willard and Scout. Thought I saw some potentially raw denim in there from afar :P