San Francisco nightlife

junglejane

Hi everyone, I'm a native san franciscan but I moved out pretty early in my life, at 10yrs old (to live in mexico for 8 years and italy for another 2), I'm coming back in august to visit my relatives. I am unfortunately 20 years old and therefore cannot legally drink. Is there any hotspots (clubs, lounges, wine bars, trendy places in general) that might be just a little lenient? if it helps I look much older than I am (I always get 23 to 25). Let me know, if not I can always resort to sticking to cafés and restaurants!

Go with older people, and maybe to a restaurant that has a lounge?

go to an upscale restaurant, asia de cuba is my favorite and they wont card. its bad manners to ask for an id when a drink is 13 dollars and an appitizer is 20 bucks.

-later days.

Guest Airjamie

Does anyone know of anything going on the nights of the 23rd and the 24th? I am 23 but getting shitfaced by myself at some random bar doesnt sound too tempting.

go to an upscale restaurant, asia de cuba is my favorite and they wont card. its bad manners to ask for an id when a drink is 13 dollars and an appitizer is 20 bucks.

-later days.

sounds like a good idea. I'm used to spending a bit for drinks and food here in italy anyway, where you get a normal cocktail for at least 7 euros.. I can also just start speaking in italian or spanish and pretend to not understand what 'id' is, that is if the carder speaks only english(something strange in SF)!

SF is extremely Nazi about carding but is very lenient about the actual picture on the card. What that means is, if you have a sister or a friend or a relative or something with an out-of-state ID, that is somewhat similar in age, go ahead and try and pass it off as yourself. There's a good chance it will work.

-later days.

That place is nice. Great for watching golddiggers, lots of fun. I stayed at the Clift last time I was in SanFran - great place.

-later days.

I didn't know there was an Asia De Cuba in SF. I love the one in L.A.; excellent food. Great to hear.

Guest Airjamie

The most foolproof way to get drunk underage is to go to a bar that serves pitchers and have whoevers legal buy the pitcher. Never in the history of the world have they ever actually gone to the table and asked for everyones IDs. And if they do its because youre screaming something stupid like "im getting drunk here illegally"

The most foolproof way to get drunk underage is to go to a bar that serves pitchers and have whoevers legal buy the pitcher. Never in the history of the world have they ever actually gone to the table and asked for everyones IDs. And if they do its because youre screaming something stupid like "im getting drunk here illegally"

haha. the only way it ever works for the age deficient is through third party. that, and the typical college get together. but yeah, don't get yourself caught being a a jerk out there.

I'll be fine.. I've been getting drunk since my teens (as it so happens in a country where the age limit is 18 and if you're a girl they let you in everywhere) so I'm not really interested in getting wasted anymore...just looking to go to some cool places. but i'll seriously have your suggestions in mind, gonna go find out if I have a legal dark haired relative that looks like me...