solution for mismatch honeycombing ?

__3xL

Left leg coming out great - lots of honeycombing and it all " fits together "

Right leg SUCKS - one strong honeycomb + one light one above it and the rest is non existant compared to the left leg .. Just sideways folding would best describe it I guess .

Should I soak um to release old starch and toss um in the dryer awhile after a good ole hang dry to shrink them fully then give it a go again ?

why did this happen anyways if you guys have an idea ...?

starch the area where the one that is lacking the nice honeycomb is

then while the starch is wet put them on, and kneel or sit crosslegged until it dries

after you have done this you will have a bunched up hard area where your honeycomb will now have a base to begin wearing better

after that just wear them as per usual and in time you should see improvement

errr sleezy that's what I did when I first started wearing them and like twice a week thereafter on the weekend while watching movies ..

It's like my legs are different sizes or some shit - it's making me mad ..

Thorns - not only do I mean mismatched - I mean the left leg has lots of lines - a good 8" from top to bottom ..

The right leg - like 3-4" max from top to bottom .... :-(

That happens to me to. I kinda like it. I like my jeans to represent me. If I'm not symmetrical I figure my jeans shouldn't be either.

agreed. just wear your jeans. whatever happens, happens. many people here have complained because the jeans look too "unatural." a huge reason why i bought raw denim, is because i liked the idea of jeans being unique. its like the denim lives with you. to me, it becomes sort of a spiritual matter.

Left leg coming out great - lots of honeycombing and it all " fits together "

Right leg SUCKS - one strong honeycomb + one light one above it and the rest is non existant compared to the left leg .. Just sideways folding would best describe it I guess .

Should I soak um to release old starch and toss um in the dryer awhile after a good ole hang dry to shrink them fully then give it a go again ?

why did this happen anyways if you guys have an idea ...?

I have had a somewhat similar problem with the wear marks on the front of my jeans (on the inside thigh to the knee). I figured out that this happend because almost all the desks at school are those chair/desks made for righthanded people, so when I sit in these I can only put my left leg up with my foot resting on my right knee, but not the other way because the attached desk is in the way. The result is a disparity in wear. I think 6MT is also right as foot preference or right or left "footedness" also plays a role. This is just stuff i have been made more aware of after wearing raw denim, but fuck it all, just wear em.

N

I will post up photos for you guys to see , but thing is this is not even normal wear - I purposely wanted to set the honeycombs for when I start riding my bike again I could break them in like that and get nice wear .

I am right handed , I would assume dominant foot would be the same ?

I am going to do a brief cold soak inside out / drip dry inside out and try and reset the creasing and see how it goes .

I thought maybe because my wallet stays in my right pocket the right leg is sitting lower - enough to screw up the pattern , but nah ...

Will update for you guys - so far I guess the rh / lh twill is the most sensible answer ...

I wouldn't have even mentioned it but the right leg is making want to just wash them , forget the starching and wear them to death and not worry ..

Thing is ... I would like to worry and be able to come to before and after with some eye candy ... for myself ..

thanks fellas

I thought it had something to do with the twill of the denim? :S

i tried searching but i had no luck.

i remember reading (maybe in A.P.C thread) that one leg would always crease sharper because it goes the opposite direction of the weave or something. i read thru like 15 pages of the apc thread but i dont even know if that's where it was originally posted. ugh migraine.

I thought it had something to do with the twill of the denim? :S

yup. the left leg of right hand twill should hige more than the right leg; conversely, the right leg of left hand twill will hige more than the left leg; both legs of broken twill will hige if the legs are broken whilst wearing; fish legs will hige herringbone denim; the leg bone is connected to the skin bone denim...

They seem to have gotten better after spraying them with distilled water and a capful of denatured alchohol mixed into the equation ... To loosen and reset the honeycomb hideout rear of my knees

165748608.jpg

165748593.jpg

14oz Kaihara denim 1954-S bucklebacks

Decent start guys ?

Numero (minty),

don't worry about them. Great jeans (as are the jeans you have) will look beautiful no matter what you do.

They're fine, embrace your uneveness and love it, your body created the wear, therefore it is the best wear possible. <and other hippie sentiments>

I get uneven whiskers because I'm double jointed and my hips sometimes slide around, so I'm in the same boat.

They're fine, embrace your uneveness and love it, your body created the wear, therefore it is the best wear possible. <and other hippie sentiments>

I get uneven whiskers because I'm double jointed and my hips sometimes slide around, so I'm in the same boat.

thats weird. odd even. sometimes nasty i bet.