Levis Orange Tab? Zellers? FAO: Canadians...?

Everyone seems to have good stuff about the famous levis Orange Tabs rigid as a budget jean that produces nice fading.

Googling Orange Tabs for a while, and it seems that they are indeed still in production (even though its commonly thought they arent?), anyway apparently they are available at the Canadian department store "Zellers"... (?)

No online shopping unfortunately.

Could any Canadians check and report back?

Yeah, you can still get them occassionally on ebay etc, but sizing availability is erratic, so it would be good to know for sure if they are still in 'normal' production. I would quite like a pair of the relaxed fit rigid ones of course!!

Canada: The new SuperDenim world hot spot? :)

in my opinion i always thought the orange tabs looked decent unwashed but when they hit the washing machine for the first time the color turned into a nasty shade of blue and then after a few years of wear the blue lightened up a bit they looked good again.

zellers was a flop.

i looked through everything, and im sorry to say that i couldnt find one pair that i would actually wear.

litterally some of the most boring jeans ive ever seen.

it was a good try though.

In san diego we got a levis store that is two stories. Its filled with all denim STF, raw, one wash, selvege u name it. I bet they got orange tab. and the dude said they are getting a summer shipment in next week. When i go in there next im going to bring my camera and upload a video of the store for you with some pics.

Hey thanks for checking it out everyone.

At least we know the orange tabs do still exist.

A little dissappointed though, cos I wanted a pair of the rigid relaxed fits Oranges.

I really like the way they fade to a green-blue colour.

Will-I-Am: did the general store have any 36 x 36s?

;):)

what makes them shit?

i thought the idea of orange tabs is that they were always 'lower spec' than the red-tabs anyway (?)

Just want a pair for child hood reminiscence really. When I was a kid, they were actually quite expensive (at least in England anyway, but that's nothing new....)

well... thats the thing... orange tabs now are at the level of old navy. the older ones seem to use the same denim as the redtabs but used different construction and fit. single stitch hems, lee style coin pocket, etc...

the denim on the orange tabs i have is more irregular and more textured than the denim on my redlines. the denim on the new orange tabs i saw(canadian market made in bagledesh) was some of the nastiest shit ive seen. came in light or lighter stone wash