good commercials.

will_i_am

I love commercials with good music.

Applied Materials had a cool commerical a few years ago that emphasized their chips and semiconductors in cellphones and electronics carried by pedestrians in what looked like downtown Tokyo.

Background music was Insomnia by Chihiro Onitsuka. Awesome song.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

i liked vistas new commercials.

OY1dDh89KuQ

OlkeHLyQ8GA

kkZdkHylJ3w

and while were on computers, i like most thinkpad commercials as well.

Iw78gcU713g&NR

and while were on thinkpads, i like most ibm commercials as well.

and while were on ibm, i like this ikea commercial as well.

TsQXQGaasUg

• 2 years later...

Yeah, that commercial is bad. The actual drink is worse. Like watered down squirt mixed with dehydrated piss.

This commercial on the other hand is the bees knees. This takes the cake as the most persuasive/provoking commercial ever. (late pass?)

p916yeFa2Xk

I hate this commercial more than life itself and the actress creeps me the fuck out but isnt that a good advertisement when it doesnt leave your brain?

Nah this is definitely a misconception. An ad is good if it actually convinces you to buy/do something.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

OK, this one is a longshot for anyone to remember, but there used to be a Coors Light commercial that cracked me up every time. It aired about 10 years ago now.

There would be two guys on a couch. One would ask "are you ready for a cold one?" and the other would reply "yeah". The first dude would pull a chain and a mountain of snow (sometimes with a polar bear) would come down from the ceiling. He'd ask the guy if it was cold enough for him, to which the reply was "it's cold, but it's not Coors Light".

They had a song "are you ready for a cold one" too. I also remember a beer commercial with a track called "Who Needs Sleep?" but I don't remember if it was Coors or Bud.

Another oldie I remember well is a Plymouth spot in the 90s. "With Plymouth, this is what you pay for, and this is what you get". The "what you pay for" was something like a can of Franco-American spaghetti and "what you get" was a Thanksgiving dinner. (They had a bunch of them, but this was the one I remember). I think the ad came on around 1997 or so--I remember it was around the time the Prowler came out and they switched from the Pentastar to the sailboat logo.

Finally, there was one ages ago for (I think) Little Caesar's. There was a guy on a stretcher in a hospital. He grabbed a piece of pizza while going down the hall. The cheese kept stretching, and when they got him to a set of doors (operating room?) he let go and the stretcher flew down the hall; I think it knocked over a bunch of doctors. I'm not sure on this, but I think it may have been a Super Bowl ad. It was sometime in the early 90s but I'm not sure of the year (I want to say 1993 but I'm not certain). I only saw it once. If anyone else remembers this ad, please comment so I can make sure I didn't just dream it up!