Question - 1950's Levi's non selvage 501xx ?

__3xL

I came across a pair of levis at a vintage store from 1951 - it has all the labels on it , says 1951 .. They are definately old the denim is a pretty blue and they smell older .

according to the levi's page for 1950 501xx - it has selvage yet this pair does not .

Possible fakes ?

help me out - I'll post the photo of the levi's jean book page if you guys need me to

thanks digital - do you have the 1960's page out of curiosity ?

I know they are pre-70's models but I think the paper labels were placed onto these jeans or something . so maybe they're 60's

air - I have no idea - someone help

well they weren't big E - paper label with 501 typewriter style - and no black bartacks which means pre 1967 ... non selvage 1940's-1960's 501 ? jeesh ..

Ok digital denim - pull up the 1964 to 1967 page please ...

thanks guys

Oh and if i remember right the main stitching - everything except the arctuate wasn't tan/gold/yellow .. it was either dark blue or black - it didnt stand out

no pics they were at my local shop - didn't take camera with me but will this week if they are still there !

I'm pretty sure they are in fact old levis deadstock and all - but I just thought ALL pre-1967 or so levi's were selvage . Then after they introduced the black bartacks they started variating denim used ...

confused

OOPS - they were button fly 501 .. inside tag had no wings

• 3 years later...

Can someone confirm the significance of A type and S type LEVI`s? Does the S stand for sanforized and does A type generally sell for more? I used to know but I`m unsure now. One of the pages above has stuff about it but my Jap reading ability is almost 0. Cant see the katakana for sanforized tho.