Levi's 501 Shrink to Fit (STF)

SLEEZY

Regarding 35501-0005 witch i can only find here

http://eu.levi.com/e...l?insearch=true

and here

http://www.urbanindu...-35501-0005.asp

I'm from uk, my waist size ranges between 31.5-32.5 and 33hips and been thinking gong for 33w-34l or 34-34l

I went by the levi's eu sizing chart.

http://eu.levi.com/e...tml#men/bottoms

levi's sizing chart accurate? Are the sizes i'm thinking of to baggy? waist,thigh will stretch i little after hot soak?

Whats the most the waist can shrink for sizes 33w and 34w?

Many thanks

Edited by Fed90s

Regarding 35501-0005 witch i can only find here

http://eu.levi.com/e...l?insearch=true

and here

http://www.urbanindu...-35501-0005.asp

I'm from uk, my waist size ranges between 31.5-32.5 and 33hips and been thinking gong for 33w-34l or 34-34l

I went by the levi's eu sizing chart.

http://eu.levi.com/e...tml#men/bottoms

levi's sizing chart accurate? Are the sizes i'm thinking of to baggy? waist,thigh will stretch i little after hot soak?

Whats the most the waist can shrink for sizes 33w and 34w?

Many thanks

Bumping.

Thanks in advance guys!!

Edited by Fed90s

Hey guys first post here but a quick question. I have read through the whole thread, and I went ahead and ordered a pair of the blue green (think they used to be called "verde"?) 501xx in a 31x34. Normally I wear a 31x30-31, so I thought this size would be perfect. I did the initial hot soak and they are drying now, however I think they only got about 2 inches of shrink into the inseam. I was wondering if another soak/dry (or even soak and machine dry?) would get the extra inch or so there is left to go out of the inseam. I have attached a pic of them next to my 514's which are 31x31 and are almost perfect length for my liking. let me know if there's anything I can do, or if I just have to deal with them a little long. Thanks!

pantspic.jpg

(sorry if pic is huge, not really sure how to resize it as I already made it much smaller on the pic hosting site)

Edit- they aren't the same as verde becuase the stitching color is different. My bad!

Edited by dwreckshun

• 2 weeks later...

@fed90s they do stretch maybe an inch or more in the waist and maybe half an inch in thighs after soak, just a guesstimate not sure on measurements but i have noticed a difference after a few days of wear from the last soak. i guessed the stretch might go up a size, or more after soak, so i decided to go a size lower from tts resulting in a slim fit, i lost a lot of weight so im enjoying the change :]

heres an update on my current pair, if they do any justice. btw they are tapered:

4 months in

7110562979_6267e6420d_z.jpg

edit: no wash/soak

Edited by billiam

• 4 weeks later...

Figure I would post up my indigos. I've worn them pretty consistently since last july. They went through the initial soak, plus a handwash at 6 months and another 2 months ago.

7251847262_c1b0b02f4f_z.jpg

7251845370_6d43ebaba3_z.jpg

Now I just got a pair of postals in the mail to start working on.

7251849560_25c5ca9193_z.jpg

Well my Knights went to Goodwill because they fit like a burlap sack these days.

I want another pair.

Dumb question for you guys with Knights...what actual shrinkage did you get in your waists? I recall getting more shrinkage from my big-man Knights than any indigo pair I've had. I've lost weight big time. I'm edging into normal guy sizes and it's a totally new tier of shrinkage for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone

i just made an account here new to all this STF and raw denim and thinking about checking into some levis STF

have been wearing Levis 505 lately and really liking the fit.

My measurements

6 feet height

175lbs weight

31 waist size in 505′s with bit of gap, maybe can squeeze into 30 waist size

Here are some pictures of myself wearing levis 505 in 31×32.

rrrrrrr.jpg

eeeeeeeeeee.jpg

What do you think of my fit? I think 32 is a good length, but thinking to try 34 length to get more stacking. I dont have super skinny legs, so dont know if i will ever like wearing 511 skinny jeans. Probably stick to straight leg 505. I have a pair of Levis 501′s in 32×32, and they fit tighter on the waist and legs, but the ass part bubbles out??? Does anyone have this problem? Its like theres ALOT of extra fabric in the ass, puffs out and looks really bad. Thats why i am not sure if i wanna buy another 501. Is it because 501′s are suppose to be worn higher on the waist than the 505s?

Should i go for 30×34 levis 505 next time? would more stacking look better?

Also if i get 501 STF, what size should i get? 31×34? 31×36? for my 6feet height.

THANKS

Ok, heres the pictures of my 32×32 501 in black. I dont understand why the size 32 waist on these 501s fit tighter than my 31 waist 505′s? Do 501s fit tighter on the waist than 505s? Also can you see the buldge puffed out ass on these 501s.. there is too much fabric and just looks really weird. Did i get a bad pair of 501s? Am i suppose to wear 501s higher up?

If i buy shrink to fit 501s. should i get size 32 waist or 31 waist like my 505s?

501levis32xx32.jpg

501levis32x32.jpg

For my first pair of 501 STF, im leaning towards the STF in black from Zappos. Should i get size 31 like my 505s or 32 waist with 36 inseam?

945123-2-MULTIVIEW.jpg

thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I was told at the Levi's store in San Francisco that 34" inseam is the largest option available (if not even the only one? don't remember).

As much as I wanted to like these jeans I did not buy them despite of the relatively low sale price. The 34" inseam felt more like 32" (and would have been too short after soaking) and I couldn't stand the color and quality of the stitching.

Other than the "rigid" version there were also a couple of "one wash" made in Mexico selvedge jeans in the various Levi's outlets which looked and felt just terrible. The denim used on the selvedge STF 501 "made in America" looked much better, even the regular non-selvedge made in Mexico STFs felt better. :-/

I was told at the Levi's store in San Francisco that 34" inseam is the largest option available (if not even the only one? don't remember).

As much as I wanted to like these jeans I did not buy them despite of the relatively low sale price. The 34" inseam felt more like 32" (and would have been too short after soaking) and I couldn't stand the color and quality of the stitching.

Other than the "rigid" version there were also a couple of "one wash" made in Mexico selvedge jeans in the various Levi's outlets which looked and felt just terrible. The denim used on the selvedge STF 501 "made in America" looked much better, even the regular non-selvedge made in Mexico STFs felt better. :-/

Really, I copped them (34x34)50% there at the union square one. I hear you about the shrinkage though so I'm just gonna dry clean them I guess. But I really like the fit compared to any of my lvc, 55 and some 44s I sold. I think they're perfect. Too bad they don't make em longer

Heads up! Levi.com has a one day sale (7/19/2012) 40% of all jeans. My STF were $28 a pair. Ordered4 pairs and got free shipping. Jeans40 is the promo code.