Nudie SSDS stretching

Raw Selvedge

I have read that the SSDS with streaky denim stretches out quite a bit, like 1-2 sizes. But since they are dry selvedge, they are suppose to shrink aswell and normally bought slightly loose. I'm a bit confused on whether I should buy them really tight or buy them so they fit me nicely right at the start. I have read that some people buy them at the size that they can just manage to squeeze into and do up the button. Is that the right thing to do?

I havn't been able to try on any SSDS, the store I went to only had SS blue black. But is this an indication of what size i should get, I tried on a pair of Levi's 1947 repros in size 32, i could do the button up, but it very tight and the thigh area was too tight aswell. So I'm thinking between getting SSDS in size 31 or 32.

Now i'm wondering whether the SSDS run true to size or do they run big? I have asked Sixten from Sweden to get me a pair and he said he measured a pair of SSDS in size 31 to be 83cm circumference around the waist when laying the jeans sideways like suitpants. That's almost 33 inches, making them 2 sizes too big if I need to size down since I'm a true 32. But laying flat he says they are 80cm so that should be the actual waist. If I'm a true 32 is 80cm small enough or should I size down more? Keeping in mind that I couldnt do up the button when I tried on size 30 evisu lot2001 today but size 31 was a good fit around the waist.

Now i'm wondering whether the SSDS run true to size or do they run big? I have asked Sixten from Sweden to get me a pair and he said he measured a pair of SSDS in size 31 to be 83cm circumference around the waist when laying the jeans sideways like suitpants. That's almost 33 inches, making them 2 sizes too big if I need to size down since I'm a true 32. But later i found out that laying flat he measured them at 80cm so that should be the actual waist. If I'm a true 32 is 80cm small enough or should I size down more? Keeping in mind that I couldnt do up the button when I tried on size 30 evisu lot2001 today but size 31 was a good fit around the waist.

i think i might have typed that out wrong, ok, so when laying down sideways like suitpants it was 41.5 cm but laying flat, measureing the back of the waist was 40cm so they would be 80cm. Really size 29? so 80cm is too big when i usually wear 82cm and they are a good snug fit?

i just got a pair or RRDS (tag 34 x 34), and unfortunately theyre a bit baggier than another pair of prewashed ralfs* (tag 34 x 34) i have which fit me perfectly. about 1/2 inch bigger in the waist, over 1/2 inch bigger in the seat/upper thigh area, and maybe a 1/4 inch bigger down the legs. will my drys shrink to the size of my prewashed nudies? i wont be stretching these out since 34 is about a size bigger than my normal waist. so im praying if i wash them in scalding hot water 6 months from now that theyll shrink to the size of my prewashed nudies. any help>?

* my prewashed jeans are very used and have probably been washed a dozen times

Edited by squares on Jun 17, 2006 at 12:03 PM