levi's question.

jasonm

ok so today i bought a pair of levi's shrink to fit 501's

i was wondering if these are lvc's or stf's? i have no idea what the abbriviations mean...

these are not selvage.. us the difference that one is selvage and the other is just dry shrink to fit denim?

dumb question i know, but id just like it to be cleared up.

lvc: levi's vintage clothing

stf: shrink to fit

the easiest way to recognize an lvc is the big E on the red tab in the back pocket. stf is just the a denim style. LVC can be STF like the 1947 LVC repro ($175). If you pay less than this, the chance are you just got a normal pair of 501.

Seems the LVC stuff made at Valencia St seems to fetch the higher prices on e-bay. I think Paul T said in a post a month or so ago the 1901s and first 1920s 201s all used 10 oz Japanese denim. I like the Valencia stuff better. I have a pair of 2003 1937 501s and a couple of pairs of 1937 201s both made in early 97 and I like the redline denim on the 37 201s better than the denim on the 2003 501s. The earlier conemill red line on the 37 201s is more slubby than the later stuff on the 03 37 501s.

so i just soaked these for about 3hours in warm water and threw them in the spin cycle on my washing machine...

definitly shrunk up on the waist enough, i was really scared they werent going to enough... wearing really damp jeans is pretty gross/cold...i really hope its worth it in the end.

if anyone cares i'll post photos of the progress.