Father's day present advice

okidoki

Hi guys. My mom just passed away a few months ago (cancer) when I just decided to change careers.

I didn't have the money to buy my dad a fathers day present because of my career change, and he's pretty bummed right now from my moms death.

The only thing I could think of was to get him a nice belt or shoes. I know Tanner has some wicked belts, and that's what I plan to get for him, unless you guys have better suggestions? (within student budget)

Btw, I'm from Malaysia so a lot of websites don't ship here due to fraud.

I've been accompanying him these days and don't know what else I can do to cheer him up.

Maybe it's just the alcohol talking (yea I'm drunk sue me). I just feel really bad that he's been keeping to himself. Just wanna cheer him up.

Wow sorry for your loss, my condolences.

In terms of making your dad happy I think it'd be best if you just be there for him and everything . That's a big loss but eventually time will heal it. If anything maybe you can take him on vacation around the region. Thailand has beautiful beaches and so does Vietnam .

I think the only appropriate gift for father's day is a tie or socks, or if you are being extravagant, both.

I got a pair of socks. I gifted my stepfather a Brooks Brother tie (and BB included some shaving swag).

As far as sad dads go, cheering up is not the best course. Allow him to feel the pain fully, that's the only thing that helps.

Sorry to hear about your mother. The dark clouds will pass sooon.