Bears x Eternal "Tiger" jeans

minya

Not that this means much to this thread, but I can put on my Eternals (size 34) and then I can put one of my Sugar Canes (size 34s also) on right over it, and button it up. Double denim! Hey, I was drunk when i did it :)

what the hell? keal you rock. that's just...mad.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if your pair's silhouette is very similar to your 811, but on the looser side, it might actually be the "kuma". kuma is supposed to be pretty much a "XX" type and slightly on the loose side. the order from looser to tighter should be kuma --> 811 --> tora.

it doesn't help that "kuma" translates to "bear", so technically, "BEARS x Eternal" could either mean the kuma or the tora (which means "tiger").

very strange that both the kuma and tiger have the same number on the tag (just checked mine, it's:75237) and the same little white label next to the leather one, yet have very different cuts.

oh yeah, i just got my old ass (probably late 80's) redline 20" bmx from my moms. nice addition to all my redline jeans. too bad i was on the way back from my girlfriends and i busted the rear bearing

well, I guess I have the Tiger jeans, since the Kuma jeans have a slightly-off-center back belt loop and mine doesn't.

However, my Tigers are basically identical to my 811s. Extremely disappointing. So much for these being skinny. :(

How were they when you got them, fit-wise? Took me two hours to be able to button the fourth button, and about a week to not be in more or less pain/discomfort with the fifth buttoned, so I guess I sized down a bit. :D
They're very tough to button up, which is expected. What's disappointing is that the front rise and width of the leg/hem is identical to my Eternal 811. I wanted something skinny. Damnit!

keal, that's kinda why i'm hoping they put the kuma back in production

PG2G, ah, I'll cross my fingers on the kuma's return, then!

On an unrelated note, I was looking at Jay Allen's Medusa shirt and thinking of how lousy it would look on a guy. It just didn't look cool to me.

Then you model the shirt. Really, really cool and stylish on you! You should be getting paid to model their stuff. I'll most likely be getting Medusa in the near future thanks to you :)

Oh shit, Minya. I just did a search out of curiosity and as a matter of fact, tora and 811 are almost identical at size 34:

tora -- 34inc, waist: 83cm, rise: 27cm, inseam: 83cm, thigh opening: 28cm, leg opening: 21cm

811 -- 34inc, waist: 83cm, rise: 28cm, inseam: 85cm, thigh opening: 29cm, leg opening: 22cm

A difference of 1 centimeter is next to nothing.

• 8 months later...
sorry to resurrect an old thread but i went through every post and didn't find a definitive answer. i know the eternal x bears is a one wash but i was wondering if anyone soaked theirs and how much shrinkage did they notice? also temp and time would help me out as well. thanks.

There's no point in soaking. They won't shrink any more.

Also, I just checked, and Bear's is almost sold out of them:

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bears/eternal-tr/