Looking for "Slim" looking White Sneakers

qom

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got some women's plain white keds, sized up two sizes, and added black wax laces from wallgreens. they're nice cuz they're very minimal, white, and don't look clownish with skinny jeans.

14988cy.jpg

1498bvr.jpg

inspiration:

dior dance shoes:

1498gv4.jpg

Edited by jhud on Jun 12, 2006 at 06:43 PM

Quote:

anyone know where I can pick up superga's or spring court's size 43 online?

--- Original message by qom on Jun 14, 2006 04:32 AM

Spring Courts : http://www.springcourt-eshop.fr/achat/index.php?catid=164 they have g1's and g2's in 44, but I remember they fit pretty snug. For info, I wear 11 in chucks and spring court's 45 were a little too small...it's canvas, so I am pretty sure they will stretch though.

You can try your luck on ebay too, I saw some pairs recently. And of course, they are everywhere here in France, perhaps some shops stock them where you are (Sweden ?)...

As for Supergas, they are hard to come by in men's sizes, I heard they are out of stock...

Again, they are in every women's shop in France, but that's it, I can't seem to find them online besides ebay.

• 2 weeks later...

I either wear Keds Triumps or Vans Authentics, only minimal branding and both very classic and cool in the summertime. Jack Purcells work too. Creme chucks are cool too, but only if you the rest of the outfit isn't your typical indie/Urban Outfitters psuedo-indie kid outfit. When worn by a classic man of style chucks look great rather than a chessy guy wearing trendy stuff.

so:

a)

985-6491-d.jpg

B)

3832-295966-d.jpg

c)

827-26776-d.jpg

or

d)

1733-183428-d.jpg

in canvas or leather

in white or creme/natural are the correct choices.

^Kyle, white low-profile sneaks can also be done with a dark-ish kind of style, like something Darkanimal wears, to create a contrast.

Very true, I would choose those for my aesthetic (classic, cool) but all those shoes work nicely with the dark aesthetic too. That look is not for me but when done tastefully (like darkanimal) and not like some trendy or hot topicish look those sneakers look good because they are classic and very tasteful.

Also, I think the Triumphs (second picture) are exactly what qom is looking for, since they look like the picture he posted without the plastic (as requested).

Where can I get these - these are really really nice...looking for a new shoe to take to Ibiza that my mates can't hijack from me!

I bought them, sorry, they were only $38 with freight, so if I don't like them it won't be that bigger deal