Early To Rise

Thomas, thanks for posting those pics... that shortie is really breaking in nicely!

Canuk, These were made with japanese hickory stripe (not selvedge) and just the back piece (white) is elastic.. .(vintage though as I found a roll in a thrift shop) so it still has some give without the whole thing being elastic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can't wait to see your wallet in a few months of hard wear!

I'm going to change my wallet design a bit so I have three left, including a "black" one...

26720405.png

Check out the prototype page

• 1 month later...

Early To Rise now has a very limited run of Horsehide Belts with vintage copper rivets from the 1920's... bigger sizes right now but smaller ones to come...

wide.jpg

IMG_1469resizedbelt.jpg

inside.jpg

just bought 3 of your Shorties...What am I going to use them for? I have no idea but gotta reward the entrepreneur who's trying to do something with himself. Good job man!

Thank you so much! I've had guys get them as gifts for friends so with the holidays coming up it might be a good choice...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i don't know if you made fewer of the cordovan dyed belts or if they sold better but clearly if it's the latter you should make more of them. I think in general people prefer darker leather so that the aging can be appreciated. About how wide are your belts? One of the 3 shorties I got from you I've been using and they have aged nicely. One I gave to a friend and the last is for an extra pair or keys. Looking forward to more products from you.

Thanks! I did make fewer of the Cordovan, but I also love them more. I might be able to dye the natural colors to the darker, but I did apply a coat of natural oils to them. I might give it a try to see on a test belt. It's just I'm about out of those special rivets. I can make them still with vintage rivets from the 20's, but they won't have the cool Anchors or Stars on them....

Glad those shorties are still holding up for you! I'll have some more stuff coming up soon. Just been busy with everything else in life...

Those shorties are tempting and I've been looking for a denim lanyard, have you ever thought of making a really long denim lanyard? I'd buy one of those for sure!

Funny as I was actually thinking of that this morning also... I'll have to figure out how to sew it, as normally you'd sew it inside out and then turn it out so it has a cool look like a leg of a jean, but the lanyard would be so thin I don't think I can roll it though itself.... Let me come up with something...

• 2 weeks later...

Finished a little Horse and Pig wallet.

The Horse has a some really nice grain coming out too. First time with Pig skin. Very stiff and I think will work and hold up really well as the inside leather...

Might be a style I carry... what do you guys think?

I'll put this one up in the supermarket.

stocking0070.jpg

stocking0068.jpg

stocking0071.jpg

stocking0072.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

that is a nice looking wallet! I am in desperate need of a new wallet... and also I posted here awhile ago about a denim lanyard, you get anywhere with that? or would it be possible to get a super long "shortie".

Keep on making good stuff!

I've got six wallets in mid making... should have them done by the weekend... three horse/duck (two natural one cordovan/black) and three in cow with denim and with a D-Ring now for attaching to a lanyard...(improved design) They should turn out pretty cool.

I can make a denim lanyard if you'd like, not sure how well it would hold up but it should hold up pretty well.

I can make a super long shortie... maybe call it "Stretch"

Check back this weekend or beginning of the week!