who here is hangover ? and why ?

freecat

i love the "who here is drunk" thread, but when i come home drunk i usually don't check the computer and thus don't use it so much.

but when i'm hangover, like right now although it's 4.37pm, oscillating between checking stuff on the computer and laying around on my bed, i feel like i really need a thread like this.

this could also be the place to share great party stories.

i didn't have such a great night yesterday, i went to some dude's birthday, drank all the rhum, then left. and now i still got a headache and i'm hungry but too lazy to go cook something.

it was a friends birthday yesterday and he told me to plan some shit for him. i went all azn, korean bbq followed by karaoke at some place called "new york new york karaoke lounge". we drank a whole bunch of manhattans before we headed to dinner, and then we drank sake with dinner.

highlight of the night: karaoke room we booked turns out not to be a karaoke lounge, but a traditional korean "businessman's club". a friend who had lived and worked in korea for a while told me that these were establishments where men would go for meetings and conferences, get wasted, and get handjobs in private rooms once business had concluded and partying had begun. we were greeted by a lovely, barely-clad girl who spoke no english.

my friends didn't want to stay so we bounced, but i thought it was gonna be a riot.

hangovering with friends is the best, just lounging around revisiting the previous night's shenanigans and laughing at the dumbest shit because of the trace amounts of alcohol still in your body.

sometimes we try to gross each other out to see who pukes first, my favorite is asking if anyone wants a greasy pork sandwich dipped in hot whiskey.

i don't believe any remeduy works.

drinking water during the night if you've got important stuff to do in the morning always worked for me though.

otherwise, just drink water and eat (if you can), then go back to bed.

Drank for the first time in 4 months. Thought I'd be safe chillin on beepong, but ended the night tearing through shotguns, all on an empty stomach. The morning started pleasantly with painful dry heaving and everything being much too bright/loud.

The pho today was hands down the grodiest pho I ever ate, but halfway through became delicious as fuck.

my head is fucking splitting. i typically don't drink white wine but that shit tastes like juice, foreal. i didn't drink enough water before i went to bed.

hangover cure that works for me: when you get home from a night of drinking heavily, make yourself a bowl of super spicy korean ramen. eat it and pass out, it's worked every time. i didn't do that last night obviously :T

This is a thread I can get behind, always wanted to participate in 'who here is drunk' but I'm usually too drunk to fuck with technology. While I didn't drink last night, Friday night got a bit crazy. According to my friend I punted some dude's iPhone into a pool after he cockblocked me. Woke up Saturday around 2, went to play soccer with a few friends and puked all over someone's car. Jeez, I'm an asshole.

how come those fucking cures that people swear by ("dude you totally gotta drink gatorade") never work for me

A hangover is basically due to dehydration

drink lots of (non-alcoholic) fluids and you'll be fine

the gatorade never worked for me either because i needed more than a quick fix.

also, as mentioned, drinking water throughout the night will help ease the next morning

i find my easiest cure is to not laze around

drink lots of water

and do something....anything. but staying in bed / on the couch all day kicks my ass.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

boy this one is a biggie. it's 7.50pm and my head still hurts. i can't explain the half-emptied 1998 wine bottle in my fridge nor why i woke up next to my guitar.

i was supposed to go to bed early so i could study for my last final which is on tuesday. then i was informed of a girl's birthday party so i bought a bottle of whisky and went. it was slippery there, lots of young girls, people shouting. it was fun, but then after we left and went to a bar, one of my bro got in a fight and it becomes blurry from there.