The right angled butt silouette?

swyche

Finally, I can't bear to ask this question i've had since I was 13.

For 8 years, I've been finding denim that doesnt fit my butt right. I always get this jagged edge, a hard fold on my butt from extra material.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it because the jeans should be worn higher/ lower or maybe the butt room is too big, or is it the thighs? I'm just confused, any help woudl be great.

I get it most with raw denim from the rigidity, but I dont end up buying those jeans in fear that they dont end up loosening up and just sitting low again. Justified caveat?

Quote:

Finally, I can't bear to ask this question i've had since I was 13.

For 8 years, I've been finding denim that doesnt fit my butt right. I always get this jagged edge, a hard fold on my butt from extra material.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it because the jeans should be worn higher/ lower or maybe the butt room is too big, or is it the thighs? I'm just confused, any help woudl be great.

I get it most with raw denim from the rigidity, but I dont end up buying those jeans in fear that they dont end up loosening up and just sitting low again. Justified caveat?

--- Original message by swyche on Jun 4, 2006 01:59 PM

i hope you are a girl

Stand tall or don't stand at all

Edited by Egpt on Jun 4, 2006 at 02:42 PM

I've actually had this problem as well.

When I got my nudies the but had a bit sticking out for a month or two... kinda like <) .... use your imagination... But that went away when the jeans softened up.

I think that's just the way with raw denim, like how it always bunches up at the knees also.

However, with my APC New Standards, it was worse. After 5 months the but still stuck out noticably when the jeans were either worn high or on the hips. I had to wear that shit halfway down my arse to get a non-sticking out silhouette. I took 'em to the taylor to get the but taken in and she said it was just because I had no but and I should do lunges or some shit.

So you're not alone!

greentea- no photo. if it happens, it only lasts for that 5 minutes in the shop fitting room.

egpt- silouette is everything.

chapital- yeah man, I had to wear all my jeans mad low too. strange that you say that tho, cos the regular ralfs are the only jeans that I wear alot that fit properly. maybe on a side note, any other jeans that fit like that guys?

Swyche- I hear ya.

to get rid of that crease i would wear jeans lower and lower till it start feeling slightly rediculous!

Think ihis is more a problem for people wearing loose jeans.

But it definitely dissapers with wear of selvedge, trust me. Just have to keep the faith for a few months that it will sort itself out and try not get too self conscious.

Edited by alitarbegshe on Jun 5, 2006 at 01:35 PM

I'm pretty sure that what you are describing is just the stiffness of the new denim. Once you start getting whiskering and abrasion that means the fibers are breaking down (in a good way), which will allow the jeans to drape better and become more formfitting.

swyche - i think i get what you're saying. you can see it with 'fit guide' on the nudie website. it seems like the only way to hide all that extra rear material is to "assume the position", literally, and have your legs spread out like /\. by the by, that's awkward, unrealistic, and it leaves yourself vulnerable to a host of sexual positions.

the only reasonable thing is to wear pants at the natural waist (i'd never, 'cept for dress pants)...or buy women's low rise pants and sag a bit above your hips, but doing that is a bit too weird for my liking.

you'd know if you were handsome

Guest jeffvyain

i don't understand the whole sagging thing...what's the point? you wanna make your torso look longer? They were obviously cut for the waist...i don't see what's so bad about wearing them there