FS: Steinhart GMT Ocean 1 (Mint; Coke bezel)

david3558

Hey everyone,

Looking to sell my MINT condition Steinhart GMT Ocean 1 (Black & Red bezel aka "Coke"). For all you Steinhart lovers out there, like myself, you know their watches represent great value. They're made in Switzerland and come with a 2 year warranty. I've been meaning to get around to wearing this watch but I wear my other Ocean 1 so often that I haven't given much love to the GMT

If you know a little about Steinhart, you'll know that they use Swiss movements. This particular watch uses the ETA 2893-2; tons of reputable watch brands use ETA/Valjoux movements, in fact only a few companies use 'homegrown' movements (Patek, AP, JLC, etc). That being said, a watch equipped with an ETA movement will run perfectly fine!

I'd say the best part of owning a Steinhart is being backed by superb, personal customer service. They often disregard warranty and the formal process and simply offer any help they can if you encounter any issues with their product. In fact, this particular watch will run even better than one purchased elsewhere. Steinhart offered to tune-up/service this near-new watch at no cost to me since I was getting my year-old Ocean 1 Vintage Red serviced (they changed the glass to Sapphire, at no cost; overnight international shipping too!).

I double checked with Steinhart when I purchased the watch: You CAN switch the bezels. This means you can get a black or Pepsi (blue/red) bezel slapped on if you are so inclined. Spare bracelets are available as well. This watch will include ALL the links, papers, box, etc. Everything is original, even the hangtag.

I'm looking to get $400 + shipping OBO. The watch is so new that you can consider it "tried on".

Note: This watch sells for $458 USD + shipping, so this is a great deal; just looking to sell quick!

IMG_0920.jpg

IMG_0919.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg

Technical Details

Type: GMT-OCEAN 1 BLACK RED

Item no.: T0202

Movement

ETA 2893-2 Swiss Made, automatic, hacking seconds

Jewels: 21 jewels

Functions

hour and minute central second hand

Date on the “3â€

hour and minute with Super Luminova C1

adjustable second time zone using swivel and watch hand

Case: stainless steel

Back: Stainless steel screwed , engraved..

Diameter: 42 mm (1.65 inches), without crown

Weight: 190 g

Dial: black

Crystal: Sapphire incl. date magnifier

Bezel: flutedstainless steel, black / red

Indices: Super Luminova C1

WaterRes: 300 metres/990 feet 30 ATM acc. to DIN

Strap: stainless steel 22 mm, screwed

Buckle: stainless steel, saftey clasp