raw dior denim

Quote:

Just a heads up on sizing. I had a pair of Italian made raw dior homme 21cm in a size 32 (my regular size). They stretched to a 34 or so, you might want to size down. Anybody else have a lot of stretch?

--- Original message by crisis on Jun 6, 2006 09:18 PM

Yup, bought the 29s raw and they stretched to a ~30 before I soaked them. Cold soak and sun dried (zero indigo loss) make them shrink down to a ~28, fit great now.

yes, my black raw pair also stretched out quite a bit. My 30in waist probably stretched out to 32. For now I've decided I'm not going to be washing them because I like the sheen on them, but just in case I change my mind, does anyone know how much they'll shrink?

Guest Fade to Black
Quote:

Just a heads up on sizing. I had a pair of Italian made raw dior homme 21cm in a size 32 (my regular size). They stretched to a 34 or so, you might want to size down. Anybody else have a lot of stretch?

--- Original message by crisis on Jun 6, 2006 09:18 PM

I have a pair of the Japanese indigo raw denims from S/S 05, worn them for a bit over a year now and I wash them whenever I feel like; I find that the jeans have become slimmer with these repeated washes than when I first got them, the waist was a bit too big at first as I wasn't familiar with Dior sizing back then.

guys i want my dior raws loose and comfy- ill probs also have to wash them fairly often. will they shrink in the wash.

i tried on a pair in31 and they fit like a dream. but should i size up to take into account the shrinkage.

cheers

Quote:

just bought mine on saturday, and i love them. the fit is perfect, the long length is perfect, the rise is perfect...theyre EXACTLY what i was looking for. dont think theyll work with much other than slips, but i have no complaints...here they are:

wdywt1.jpg

i love em.

--- Original message by 350poundhotcakes on Jun 6, 2006 07:37 PM

wow, those look like absolute shit on you.

yeah...i just ordered a pair. there was one last raw black in a 27 waist in the Vegas store. so far im pleased, but im a little upset about the inseam. all of them are inseam 37, no matter what waist, and i cant seem to find a good dc hemmer or tailor. the fit is great thought, and they are stiff, but comfortable. the starting price is 240 dollars, but in some of the flagship stores the starting price may go above 350. I got mine for 295.

Guest Fade to Black

what flagship stores are selling the Dior raw denim for $350? That sounds ridiculous and I find it hard to believe. I've never seen the raw denims go above $300, and that was for the Japanese model.

Quote:
Quote:

just bought mine on saturday, and i love them. the fit is perfect, the long length is perfect, the rise is perfect...theyre EXACTLY what i was looking for. dont think theyll work with much other than slips, but i have no complaints...here they are:

wdywt1.jpg

i love em.

--- Original message by 350poundhotcakes on Jun 6, 2006 07:37 PM

wow, those look like absolute shit on you.

--- Original message by Parker669 on Jun 8, 2006 08:28 PM

thats what i was going for...good to know i succeeded.

did you manage to find any jeans you want yet?

BALDERDASH.

guys sorry im sure these questions have been asked before please some advice would be appreciated.

1. i tried on some dior raws and the 31's were faily comfortable, loose and easy to do up, and think if i got them anybigger they would be slidding off me.but what happens when you wash them (which i will as i wash jeans) will they shrink. i really wont enjoy wearing them if they are uncomfortable.

2. what are the different raws available. do they come with different height rises, or is the only difference the width of the bottom of the leg.

3. should i get them now or wait till next season. will the cut be different.

4. in london does anyone know specifically where i can get some 21's.

cheers

1. Almost all DH are a little larger than tagged size, since Hedi loves them riding on your hips. 31's sound like they're the right size for you, if they aren't quite sliding down your hips. They won't shrink much though...

2. Italian made vs Japanese made & 21cm vs 19cm. People claim that there is a 17cm but afaik, the 17cm is only when you're < size 30.

3. They don't change season over season.

4. Brown's, Selfridges, Harrods

i dunno about the claim that they don't change with each season. I was at Saks just this weekend and for the current Spring Summer 2006 collection, they have a "raw-ish" lighter blue one for over $500. It's soft so probably not truly raw, but there's a certain roughness to them that makes me swear they will fade a lot more. Anybody know which ones I'm talking about?

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey, dont know if this is the right thread to post this in but, I was considering ordering a pair of the 19 cm Nostalgy Brut Diors, and was wondering how they fit opposed to APC. I currently have a pair of the New Cure size 28 and they are perfect. Do the Diors fit similar? Thanks for the help.

Hey, dont know if this is the right thread to post this in but, I was considering ordering a pair of the 19 cm Nostalgy Brut Diors, and was wondering how they fit opposed to APC. I currently have a pair of the New Cure size 28 and they are perfect. Do the Diors fit similar? Thanks for the help.

You should get a pair of 19cm Made In Japan sz 29's.

is there any online store where i could buy those? because i found some 19cm Nostalgy Brut Dior ( italian made) on luisaviaroma.com. What exactly is the difference between the Italian and Japan produced ones? Is it a matter of quality of cotton? or technique used in the manufacturing process?