gold stitching

well, as i said, i am really anal with jeans fit and looks, i only like levi's repro, you know what i am sayin? to me, a good looking pair of jeans is a standard five pocket jeans. to me jeans is something you shouldn't mess too much with in terms of construction, you need to keep it really simple. basically, i hate diesels, true religions and all those other hipster brands.

in terms of fit, i love evisu 0001 and japanese lot 2001. i would describe it as having a long crotch and a baggy ass and slightly tappered at the bottom(keyword here is "slightly" ehehe) and with above average size back pockets.oh, and i love jeans with a crotch rivet, to me, it gives a whole another look to a pair of jeans (for better)

for example, what turns me off in your man jeans is the small crotch, that stitching above the backpockets(that does this: ------\/------) and the small pockets.although i think that the shape of the stitching makes the jeans recognizable and it was a subtle way of doing that, props to you for that.

but like i said, i am pretty sure that many many people will like that fit, it's just that i am not into modern jeans cut at all.

although your stuff is not my style, i guess i see good things for you in the future, i just think that your prices are a bit over the top for an up and coming brand, but hey... if it's the quality of a pair of jeans of 250 dollars, then i will gladly pay 250 dollars for them :).

i just don't know how the general public may react to that, but more power to you if u can get away with that.

keep us posted with more news, and good luck

Stand tall or don't stand at all

Edited by Egpt on May 31, 2006 at 04:44 PM

Edited by Egpt on May 31, 2006 at 04:45 PM

wow, just re read the thread and realized you completed the same degree i am currently attending, mechanical engineering.

i will be switching up for a degree that in english should be something like: "business and industrial engineering", which is basically mechanical engineering focusing a bit more on micro economy.

guess u are taking the path i hope to find one day, which is use an engineering degree to get involved in the fashion industry someday.

even more props to you now ahahaha

Stand tall or don't stand at all

Artificialsky, Egpt, Noddy-

Our first full season is Spring/Summer of 2007 and we will be carrying an Organic Dry Selvage for Men & for Women, however for our pre-release most likely we're only going to be offering the non-selvage in both dry & washed (our capital hill wash).

BUT - I have been getting a few emails from people wanting to pick up a pair of Sling & Stones pre-release from Superfuture and I do want to do somethign special for the citizens of Superfuture.

I'm currently in contact with our mill in Japan and I hope to offer a ¡®project¡¯ denim with every pre-release purchase from the Superfuture boards only - a Superfuture denim if you will.

With this kit we'll include the pattern, with the size of your choice, from a Vintage (50's or 40's still debating) Levis Repro for you all to follow along with sufficient yardage of Japanese Organic Selvage denim. We also hope to construct copper superfuture hardware as well.

Online we were thinking of posting a video series that teaches you how to fully construct a pair using your home sewing machine (though you could go to a tailor as well)

I think its about time superfuture had its own denim, and we hope that we can provide an excellent experience for true denim geeks and freaks resulting in your very own exclusive Superfuture handmade japanase selvage denim..... made by you...

Of course, our ability to do this is going to depend on a few things including the amount of interest and we're still working with the mills and hardware manufacturers to make this happen. Would any of you be interested?

p.s. egpt .. mechanical engineers rock.. its the most in demand degree right now, and i actually gave up a 75k a year job to make clothes haha. . we partied the hardest and studied the least.

booty clap contest anyone?.......

Edited by ilovespaz on May 31, 2006 at 06:34 PM

Quote:

egpt-

the rachels in dry will be 250 us. . . and what kind of fits for mens are you into?

dphi-

thanks for props, they aren't sold right now, but you will see them in a few stores in Seattle this September for a Northwest pre release, and we are having a release party sale this coming august for friends and supporters. You are more than welcome to come and get fitted up and grab a few free drinks.. i make a killer mojito. But we officially will release spring and summer 07 as we are going to shows this summer and fall.. .. how is the shopping in portland btw?

--- Original message by ilovespaz on May 31, 2006 03:25 PM

Shopping in Portland is okay I guess, but nowhere near as good as Seattle, in my opinion. Honestly, I usually just end up getting most of my stuff online. Snugglepony mentioned Blake earlier, which is the main denim shop here, but it seems like he rarely gets new brands in.

As for the project denim kit, sounds interesting. Definitely good marketing if it's cost effective. Keep us updated on the pre-release for sure.

Edited by dphi on May 31, 2006 at 06:51 PM

I lovespaz - if you do a superfuture denim I will cry .. that would be beautiful man .. " like a drunken stoned hippie " ---- " you are beautiful man " lmao ..

anyways , not that I'm any sort of denim guru - but your jeans do look VERY graceful and very well done .. I wear a 38 waist , but large thighs from years and years of riding a bike so a choice of cut would be GREAT !!!

the superfuture jeans imho should have the gold stitching as well , and a rivet material to compliment the gold better without clashing - copper and gold seem to clash ..

Maybe a stainless steel for rivets ?

spaz, I'm impressed by your commitment to your clothing. I applaud you for this, as well as your incredibly hot women's jeans. My girlfriend wants some (but she's gotta wait). She was even more excited to see that her body is almost identical to your model's, on whom they look very good. I'm not too into the David's personally, but I have a good feeling that they'll sell well. The cut is very well done, and I'm glad to see that you have a strong attention to detail. Definitely deserves applause.

Guest Berget__
Quote:

Artificialsky, Egpt, Noddy-

Our first full season is Spring/Summer of 2007 and we will be carrying an Organic Dry Selvage for Men & for Women, however for our pre-release most likely we're only going to be offering the non-selvage in both dry & washed (our capital hill wash).

BUT - I have been getting a few emails from people wanting to pick up a pair of Sling & Stones pre-release from Superfuture and I do want to do somethign special for the citizens of Superfuture.

I'm currently in contact with our mill in Japan and I hope to offer a ¡®project¡¯ denim with every pre-release purchase from the Superfuture boards only - a Superfuture denim if you will.

With this kit we'll include the pattern, with the size of your choice, from a Vintage (50's or 40's still debating) Levis Repro for you all to follow along with sufficient yardage of Japanese Organic Selvage denim. We also hope to construct copper superfuture hardware as well.

Online we were thinking of posting a video series that teaches you how to fully construct a pair using your home sewing machine (though you could go to a tailor as well)

I think its about time superfuture had its own denim, and we hope that we can provide an excellent experience for true denim geeks and freaks resulting in your very own exclusive Superfuture handmade japanase selvage denim..... made by you...

Of course, our ability to do this is going to depend on a few things including the amount of interest and we're still working with the mills and hardware manufacturers to make this happen. Would any of you be interested?

p.s. egpt .. mechanical engineers rock.. its the most in demand degree right now, and i actually gave up a 75k a year job to make clothes haha. . we partied the hardest and studied the least.

--- Original message by ilovespaz on May 31, 2006 06:23 PM

I for one would be VERY interested in a pair of supefuture jeans. GREAT idea.

I aint gotta get money man money get me

• 2 weeks later...