If you start your own brand...

and with not that much connection... how could you do that?

i'm facing this issue now and my plan is bring the products to the shops (i like) when i'm in nyc next month, do you guys think they will let me in or kick me out?icon_smile_shy.gif or any suggestion?

Quote:

save some money, and take your brand to pool or project.

--- Original message by baskew on May 18, 2006 07:38 AM

ehhhh.. dunno about spending $$$ on the tradeshows right away. Many NY boutiques don't frequent the shows in my experience.

I would definately suggest calling to find out who the buyer is, sending a lookbook, then following up somehow. This will at least introduce you to them w/out the high cost. I don't know how long you'll be in NY but walking through some popular neighborhoods with a lookbook and samples in tow can definately make you trip woth it. Plan well.

http://www.annansi.com/blog

African Style Worldwide

From my past experience, there's no need to give a call before you visit a shop. You'll never get an appointment. Getting in stores w/ books + samples and asking to see a buyer is your best chance.

Most People won't kick you out. Having a look don't cost a thing.

hmm, if i were you, i'll try my best to set up meeting with buyers for the store you would like to be in and go from there, thats the one of the best bet, and thats how alot of people get started. good luck, and trade show at this point wouldn't be a good idea at all, since you haven't build up any PR yet, peopl dont know who you are....so i would stay away from that route...